San Diego - Current List of Public Charging Stations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
City of Chula Vista - Parkway Community Center & Gym (373 Park Way, on the North side of the building)

There are 7 Blink charging Stations at this location, with easy access just off of Park Way...Power is not turned on here, but should be soon...

CV%20Map1.jpg

CV-Parkway1.jpg

CV-Parkway2.jpg

CV-Parkway3.jpg

City of Chula Vista - Loma Verde Recreation Center (1420 Loma Lane, in the parking lot)

There are 5 Blink Charging Stations at this location in the parking lot, and while power is not yet turn on, it will be soon....Easy access....

CV%20Map2.jpg

CV-Loma1.jpg

CV-Loma2.jpg

CV-Loma3.jpg

City of Chula Vista - Montevalle Park and Recreation Center (840 Duncan Ranch Rd, in the large parking lot)

There are 7 operational Blink charging stations at this newly constructed location, and it is truly one of the nicest parks I've been to...This would be a great place to have a family picnic or activity while your car is charging...

CV%20Map3.jpg

CV-Montevalle1.jpg

CV-Montevalle2.jpg

CV-Montevalle3.jpg

Hi Stanley....

Why, yes it is....I've named her Ruby...Picked her up at the factory on May 2.

Just doing my part to help the EV movement and the economy :)

Bob Stall Chevrolet, 7601 Alvarado Road, La Mesa

I went on a dealership run this morning to look at new charging stations...There are 4 new Blink stations at the Bob Stall Chevy dealership in La Mesa...I didn't see any Chevy Sparks front and center, but they should be arriving soon...Unfortunately, I was there before the dealership opened, so they had some trucks blocking the driveway and I couldn't pull up to grab a charge...But these Blink stations are operational and ready to go if you arrive during business hours...

Bob%20Stall%201.jpg

Bob%20Stall%202.jpg

Bob%20Stall%203.jpg

Toyota of El Cajon, 965 Arnele St in El Cajon...

I was really looking forward to this visit. Toyota of El Cajon just finished installing a Blink DC Fast Charge unit, as well as 2 Blink Level 2 stations at their dealership. A genius move on their part (IMHO). LEAF and iMiev drivers stop there to grab a fast charge and wander around the dealership for 20-30 minutes to check out the cars...A great way to bring in new people to the dealership...

This is the 4th operational Blink DC Fast Charging station in San Diego county...More are in the works...

To get to this station, exit Interstate 8 at Johnson Ave, and take a left turn. Go a couple of blocks and turn left on Arnele (sign from the right may say Village Parkway). Go down past the Honda dealership on the left and turn left down the driveway between the Honda dealership and Toyota of EC. Go all the way down to the end of that small street and turn right and then right again and you'll be right there at the DC FC at the back of the dealership. It's on the Southeast corner of the Toyota dealership building.

They just finished the DC FC installation, so there is no signage yet (although there will be soon). So I asked nicely in the Service Department if they would move a car out of the way so I could charge and take photos. They were very nice and accommodating, and even knew about the charging station (although it had only been on a for a day or two). DC Fast Charging is currently free on this unit, so check the Blink map for the latest status.

In addition, there are two Level 2 charging stations at the front of the dealership. They have 4 spaces painted out for EV charging and the cables will reach, so that is a nice way to do it...

A great way to DC Fast charge your LEAF and a great location in East County next to the freeway...Blink DC Fast Charging station #4 in town...

Toyota%20EC%201.jpg

Toyota%20EC%202.jpg

Toyota%20EC%203.jpg

Toyota%20EC%204.jpg

Toyota%20EC%205.jpg

Toyota%20EC%206.jpg

Ran into a new station out of the blue. It's at Torrey Hills Center, which is a small neighborhood mall, and medical building. It's labeled as a "PEP Station" and looks like a simple unit, with a 7" touchscreen and a magstripe reader. Unfortunately, it seemed to be unpowered. It didn't respond to touches, or charge when I plugged in. It's hidden behind an Italian restaurant, in an area most customers would never see it, which makes me wonder whether it's intended for employees.

P.S. Found a link for the hardware: http://www.pepstations.com/PEPPRODUCTS/PS2000ProductFeatures.aspx

Torrey Hills Center
4627 Carmel Mountain Rd, San Diego, CA

20130624_141518_zpsa487e18d.jpg

20130624_141613_zps32be2114.jpg

8934cff0-53b3-4879-a58e-aef344eeb23f_zpsfb3aa880.jpg

staticmap

Randy said:
Looks nice, we'll have to keep our eyes on it...Any indication if it is level 2, level 1, etc?
Dual Level 2, 30a. The link describes it as:
AC Power Output (max) Level 2: 7.2kW (two dedicated circuits, 208/240V AC min. of 30A continuous)

AC Power Input -
Level 2: 7.2kW (two dedicated circuits, 208/240V AC @ 30A per charging circuit)

Recommended Panel Breaker -
Double pole 40A max breaker on dedicated branch for each circuit

Connector -
SAE JI772™ EV connector on 18 ft. max. extended length coiled cord
They say it can accept credit cards, or use private access cards. I'm over there occasionally. I'll watch for changes, and If I get a chance to ask someone about it, I will.

Dropped my car off for it's annual service today and see that the Mossy Nissan Oceanside QC is up and operational. Talked to the manager, just went only late last week, it's available 24/7 (no FOB required) and is free of charge.

NICE!

Will test it when I pick up my car this afternoon.

8x5y.jpg

0uqt.jpg

davewill said:
Torrey Hills Center
4627 Carmel Mountain Rd, San Diego, CA
Update: It's been powered up, but is showing a message that it needs to be "registered". The guys working at the restaurant were really interested in it and my LEAF, but had no clue about the EVSE.

Liberty Station - 2384 Truxton Rd in Point Loma

Located at Liberty Station near Trader Joes, there are 10 Blink Level 2 stations in the lot. 8 stations are grouped together, and then 2 more stations are placed near the existing handicapped parking spots close by. There are some dedicated spots for EVs, while most of the spots are not reserved (due to parking issues). And there are plans to host Car2Go vehicles in these spots as well, so you can grab one and rent it for your EV drive. The stations are powered up, and there is plenty to do nearby, making this location a great place to grab a charge.

Map%20Liberty.jpg

Liberty%20Station%20Truxton%201.jpg

Liberty%20Station%20Truxton%202.jpg

Liberty%20Station%20Truxton%203.jpg

Liberty Station - Lot N2 - 2750 Historic Decatur Rd in Point Loma

There are 10 Blink Level 2 stations at this Lot N2 location on Historic Decatur Rd in Liberty Station. The stations are not energized yet, but will be shortly. There are a couple of reserved Car2Go parking places in this location...There are plenty of stores and parks nearby, which also makes this a great location to charge while in the area.

Liberty%20Station%20N2%201.jpg

Liberty%20Station%20N2%202.jpg

Liberty%20Station%20N2%203.jpg

Pizza Nova - 5050 N. Harbor Drive in Point Loma

If you're hungry for a pizza in Point Loma, there are a couple of Blink Level 2 charging stations right in front of Pizza Nova...These stations are located at one of the few LEED-status marinas in the area, as well...The installation takes advantage of the existing handicapped parking places, and adds an additional charging station next to the adjacent space...There are a few things else to do in the area besides pizza, such as other restaurants and businesses, as well as the Marina...Note that the Blink map shows two different addresses for these stations, but in reality they are next to each other...

Pizza%20Nova%201.jpg

Pizza%20Nova%202.jpg

Pizza%20Nova%203.jpg

I stopped by the QC at Mossy Nissan Oceanside today but couldn't get it to work. I called the customer support number and they said I needed the FOB from the dealership. Has anyone else had the same problem? Will call the dealership when I get a chance to find out if I was doing something wrong or if you do need them to activate it. The screen had a message to place the FOB near the reader.

goohan said:
I stopped by the QC at Mossy Nissan Oceanside today but couldn't get it to work. I called the customer support number and they said I needed the FOB from the dealership. Has anyone else had the same problem? Will call the dealership when I get a chance to find out if I was doing something wrong or if you do need them to activate it. The screen had a message to place the FOB near the reader.
I was going to try it when I picked up my car Friday, but unfortunately a white LEAF with Zero Emissions stickers on the sides was hogging the spot for at least the 20 minutes it took to get my car. :( I didn't need the charge and needed to get back to work so didn't pursue further - too bad as I wanted to try it for 5 minutes to verify it worked as described (no FOB required as stated by the manager). When I spoke with the dealer they said that they've had people leave their car on L2 for hours without letting anyone know before, too.

If they could free up the spot on the other side of the island the charger is on at least then the plug would be able to reach two spots.

Was the dealer open when you stopped by? Did you look for any employees to ask about it?

drees said:
goohan said:
I was going to try it when I picked up my car Friday, but unfortunately a white LEAF with Zero Emissions stickers on the sides was hogging the spot for at least the 20 minutes it took to get my car. :( I didn't need the charge and needed to get back to work so didn't pursue further - too bad as I wanted to try it for 5 minutes to verify it worked as described (no FOB required as stated by the manager). When I spoke with the dealer they said that they've had people leave their car on L2 for hours without letting anyone know before, too.

If they could free up the spot on the other side of the island the charger is on at least then the plug would be able to reach two spots.

Was the dealer open when you stopped by? Did you look for any employees to ask about it?
The dealer was open. I didn't really need a charge so I didn't bother asking anyone. Figured I give them a call tomorrow and find out the details on fob/no fob. If you find out before me, I'll be checking here for your comments. Thanks.

goohan said:
Figured I give them a call tomorrow and find out the details on fob/no fob. If you find out before me, I'll be checking here for your comments. Thanks.

It's not unheard of - the unit at Autonation Nissan in Hawthorne requires a fob.

If it holds out to be the same at Mossy, this also means access will be limited to when the dealership is open.

mwalsh said:
goohan said:
Figured I give them a call tomorrow and find out the details on fob/no fob. If you find out before me, I'll be checking here for your comments. Thanks.

It's not unheard of - the unit at Autonation Nissan in Hawthorne requires a fob.

If it holds out to be the same at Mossy, this also means access will be limited to when the dealership is open.
Spoke with Mossy Nissan Oceanside today about their QC. They said you have to request the fob from the manager. Not too convenient. A bad precedent if this is the way all of the Nissan dealers are going to set up their QCs. Anyone have any ideas as to who to contact to see if this policy can be changed?

Back