San Diego Leaf/EV Meet & Greet Sat, 3/8/14, Fashion Valley

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Graffi

It is time for another Meet & Greet for Leaf and other EV drivers in the San Diego area. We got our Leaf 9/6/13 and have not attended one yet, but would love to meet other Leaf/EV drivers here in San Diego.

When: Saturday morning from 8am to 10am, March 8, 2014

Where: Parking lot of Fashion Valley Mall, 7007 Friars Road, San Diego, CA, 92108

UPDATE on meeting location:

NRG EVgo has offered to bring Juice, food, and free Plug-in, along with some presentations.

We will meet on the back side, at the EVgo station. If any of you see someone waiting at the Blink side (north parking lot) please send them to the south side.

Looking forward to meeting other EVers in San Diego.

Charging available: YES, 4 Blink L2's in this lot with NRG/EVgo DCQC near-by

We can meet in the parking lot between Friars Road and the mall at 7007 Friars Road, San Diego, CA, 92108, next to the Cheesecake Factory restaurant. The lot is opened up at 9am, but security will open up the lot for us when we get there. If it is locked when you arrive (I hope to get there first but just in case) please call Mall Security at 619-299-2428 so they can unlock the chains. There are 4 Blink L2 stations available for those needing to recharge, otherwise we have the whole lot to park and "pop the hood".

Please post on this thread if you plan to attend. We are looking forward to meeting other Leaf or other EV drivers. BYOB (Bring your own Breakfast), but it would be nice if some of us brought something extra to share.

Feel free to invite friends, family, anyone else interested in the future of Automotive Transportation.

Please also reply with any suggestions of how to better utilize our time at the Mall.

I've got an early morning commitment to be at the Murph from 6:30-8:00AM, but could probably swing by Fashion Valley on the way home.

TT

Looks like we will have a nice gathering. I was thinking of letting the various Nissan dealers know of this gathering in case they wanted to show up also.

Feel free to promote this meet & greet any way you think will help get the word out.

I will try to make it.

Just FYI - you will typically get a good number of lurkers that will show up, usually about double the number that reply to the thread.

Less than one week to go. Today I was at Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa and picked up some booklets for the 2014 Leaf. I will bring then in case we get some curious visitors.

We am looking forward to meeting other Leaf drivers in the San Diego area.

I have contacted the eVgo folks about the event and they will be there on Saturday by the Freedom Station behind Bloomingdales to let you try it out (DC Fast charges for free that morning for the group) and they'll also discuss their 60 day special, their pricing plans, where stations are located, and what other stations are coming...Should be fun!

Thanks, Randy. That will be great. We were planning to set up on the North side around the Blinks, but there should not be a problem being at both locations, or move it all to the South side before 9am.

UPDATE on meeting location:

NRG EVgo has offered to bring Juice, food, and free Plug-in, along with some presentations.

We will meet on the back side, at the EVgo station. If any of you see someone waiting at the Blink side (north parking lot) please send them to the south side.

Looking forward to meeting other EVers in San Diego.

We are looking forward to meeting other Leaf owners here in San Diego. At least we do not have to bring breakfast, as NRG is bringing it.

See you there.

Graffi said:
We are looking forward to meeting other Leaf owners here in San Diego. At least we do not have to bring breakfast, as NRG is bringing it.
How early will you be arriving? I need to get back to a 100% charge by 10am (need to leave promptly at the end) and will need about 2 hours of L2 or a bit of QC + L2... Will probably sign up for eVgo as I might need it tomorrow later in the day.

How many others need charging during the meet tomorrow?

Mossy Nissan Oceanside, on I-78 just east of I-5 has DCQC that will charge you up to about 95%

Mossy Nissan Poway a few miles east of I-15 in Poway has DCQC up to 80%

Mossy Nissan Clairemont Mesa a couple miles east of I-805 on Clairemont Mesa Blvd, west of the I-163 has DCQC up to 80%

Pacific Nissan just off I-5 and Balboa Ave near Mission Bay has DCQC up to 80%

NRG EVgo will be there offering free DCQC on their units. Probably L2 also.

We will meet from 8am to 10am. We can let those who need charge get first dibs and those of us who do not need to recharge can wait until it is available, or not use it at all.

Back