Self Diagnosis on 2013 SL (no preium package) using nav sys

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skyffej

OKay I have been trying to get into the Self Diagnosis on 2013 SL (no preium package) using nav sys with the below from the service manual

Starting procedure
1. Turn the power switch ON.
2. Turn the audio system off.
3. Press the “MAP” switch 3 times. Press the “PWR” switch 2
times. Press the “MAP” switch once.

But I seem to Never be able to get it to go into the self test or anything, the best I do is have the radio turn on and off, urg.

Can someone confirm the steps? and when they say power switch what do they mean the main car button right ? but do you set it ito Drive mode (foot on pedal) ? or just first press of button no foot on break or maybe second press ?
I have tried several and seem to not be able to enter the proper sequence to get anything

Should all the doors be closed ?

Idea's ?

Can someone confirm the steps? and when they say power switch what do they mean the main car button right ?

They mean the audio power button, which is the bottom left button of the console screen.
Another thread suggested to use 2 hands, as the transition from the map button to the audio
button has to be quick(about the same rate as pressing the map button). The rate of pressing the
buttons is neither fast or slow, about the rate of counting out loud "1 2 3, 1 2, 1". Once you get it a few times
it becomes easy.

cliff said:
Can someone confirm the steps? and when they say power switch what do they mean the main car button right ?

They mean the audio power button, which is the bottom left button of the console screen.
Another thread suggested to use 2 hands, as the transition from the map button to the audio
button has to be quick(about the same rate as pressing the map button). The rate of pressing the
buttons is neither fast or slow, about the rate of counting out loud "1 2 3, 1 2, 1". Once you get it a few times
it becomes easy.

Thanks that did it: what I made sure this time was to use two hands and start with the audio OFF then:
using two hands:
audio on, audio off, Map 3 times, audio 2 times, map once

Back