Selling leaf suggestions.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmeitz

I have a 2013 leaf but unfortunately I got a new job which is 70 miles round trip all highway and my leaf does not have the range for it. My new location does not have any 110 plugins anywhere on the campus off 5000 workers. Really amazing. I asked them if they plan on putting in any, but they said they only had two other request. So 11 months into my lease I need to get rid of my leaf and either try sell it out right, have some one take over my lease or do a trade in for a volt most likely. Suggestion? Live in St. Louis.

Just be aware that with Nissan if someone takes over your lease you are still ultimately responsible. Lets say the person that took over your lease made all payments on time for six months. Then he stopped paying for some reason. Now you have to make the lease payments on a car that is no longer yours.

Since you are likely to lose substantial money on trading the car in or selling it, try asking if you can pay to have two 120 volt outlets installed on opposite sides of a light pole in the parking lot. (You don't want to have just one, and have another EV or PHEV "steal" it.)

LeftieBiker said:
Since you are likely to lose substantial money on trading the car in or selling it, try asking if you can pay to have two 120 volt outlets installed on opposite sides of a light pole in the parking lot. (You don't want to have just one, and have another EV or PHEV "steal" it.)

That's good advice!

Back