Service EV system

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillTopp

I’m hoping someone can help before I take my leaf into Nissan and pay for a diagnostic. I have a 2018 Leaf 40kw 2.zero. A few months ago I was driving and it came up with a red message saying something like ‘stop immediately EV system fault’ (not word for word as it cleared the error later). The car took away all power and went into limp mode and said something like ‘stop car immediately in a safe place. I crawled to a lay-by and stopped. I turned the car off and back on. The message cleared but a yellow one came up saying ‘service EV system’. The car now worked again as normal l. called Nissan and they said to bring it in and I’d have to pay for a diagnosis (£160ish). I continued to drive and then the message cleared next time I went to use the car. Since then, the message to service EV system came up a few times but mainly not so I didn’t take it in. After a while though, the message came back and has now stayed on permanently. I think I am going to have to take it in but thought I’d ask on here if anyone had any ideas or had experienced this problem and what it might be!

Thanks in advance

Will

I’m hoping someone can help before I take my leaf into Nissan and pay for a diagnostic. I have a 2018 Leaf 40kw 2.zero. A few months ago I was driving and it came up with a red message saying something like ‘stop immediately EV system fault’ (not word for word as it cleared the error later). The car took away all power and went into limp mode and said something like ‘stop car immediately in a safe place. I crawled to a lay-by and stopped. I turned the car off and back on. The message cleared but a yellow one came up saying ‘service EV system’. The car now worked again as normal l. called Nissan and they said to bring it in and I’d have to pay for a diagnosis (£160ish). I continued to drive and then the message cleared next time I went to use the car. Since then, the message to service EV system came up a few times but mainly not so I didn’t take it in. After a while though, the message came back and has now stayed on permanently. I think I am going to have to take it in but thought I’d ask on here if anyone had any ideas or had experienced this problem and what it might be!

Thanks in advance

Will
I've seen this a few times on 2018 40kwh cars - sometimes it can be cured by a Nissan Factory programming recall [please check with your nearest dealer to see if yours is eligible / done] , but sadly sometimes is the result of swollen rear cells, meaning a #LeafBatteryUpgrade is the favourite solution, especially as I can give the driver some money back for the remaining good cells in the pack; #ServiceEVSystem - Google Search

Welcome. That message can appear after a charging session with a "sick"charging station. Has it been coming up seeming at random, or after charging?
It’s only been charged at home and doesn’t seem to be after charge. The message is permanently on now

I've seen this a few times on 2018 40kwh cars - sometimes it can be cured by a Nissan Factory programming recall [please check with your nearest dealer to see if yours is eligible / done] , but sadly sometimes is the result of swollen rear cells, meaning a #LeafBatteryUpgrade is the favourite solution, especially as I can give the driver some money back for the remaining good cells in the pack; #ServiceEVSystem - Google Search
Thanks for this - looks like a trip to Nissan then! Would that be covered by the battery warranty?

Thanks for this - looks like a trip to Nissan then! Would that be covered by the battery warranty?
Yes - IF they accept there's a fault - so take it there under 30% charge - the car in the link, they said for 8 months on multiple visits "no fault found" - until it just passed 160,000kms (100,000miles) then magically "your battery is u/s" 🤬
The battery I supplied was under half the price of Nissan Dealer supply, AND I have him back €1000 for the value in the remaining good cells ☺️

Back