SF Bay Area EVSE compendium

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glemieux

I didn't see this anywhere else on this forum, so I thought a general Bay Area EVSE thread might be in order to act as a repository to post information and questions about EVSE options in the bay area. I've found the majority of the public EVSE I've utilized or checked out to be difficult to find due to improper signage. Perhaps we can use this topic to post more detailed information about poorly signed, but well placed, EVSE that might not be well known. Or at least ask questions about certain EVSE availability.

Related to this, I am trying to utilize plugshare.com and recargo.com to post photos with other identifying landmarks around any given charging station, but I'm slightly concerned about posting pictures of public charging stations on private property. For example, I stopped by the VWERL stations in Belmont today to check out how the L3 charger was coming along (short version: didn't see any difference from this post). I did however see their e-Golf test vehicle plugged into the chargepoint station. I snapped a photo with the test car in frame and drove away without any hassle. But afterwards I started to wonder if posting photos of a test vehicle on private property at a public charger would get me into trouble. Thoughts?

To kick off the topic I was wondering if anyone had any information on the EVSE at the BMW Technology group chargepoint in Mountain View, near Google. There isn't a lot of information on either recargo, mychargepoint, or plugshare aside from the fact that the access is unrestricted. I called up chargepoint directly and they said it is listed as public, but I don't see that on their website. Based on this google map aerial view, it looks like perhaps the solar panels might supply the chargepoint? Perhaps it's for the BMW activeE program? Their website doesn't offer much info beyond a phone number. I'll try and give them a call sometime soon and see what they say.

Back