Should I hurry up and get a new pre-lizard LEAF?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dgpcolorado said:
I assume that Nissan still loses money on each LEAF they sell. They are a long way from paying for the huge research costs to bring the LEAF to market and I have my doubts that the invoice price covers the cost to manufacture the car and battery even in 2014. I'm just guessing though; only the Nissan accountants know for sure.

So, in my view Nissan and batteries is something of a special case because the product and market are still young. That should change over time.

I'm not so sure that the invoice price is less than the manufacturing cost for Nissan. If this were true, I don't know if they would be pushing so hard to ramp up production to meet demand. Like you said, though, only the Nissan accountants know for sure.

The R&D / tooling is a different story of course. I'm sure they are nowhere near paying for that with ~100,000 Leafs.

back to topic on hand, there is growing evidence that there are no "pre-lizard" LEAFs and hasn't been for a while

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And I have evidence from a co-workers 2013 that shows just the opposite... I think it is foolish to make such a claim without much more widely distributed data points!

DaveinOlyWA said:
back to topic on hand, there is growing evidence that there are no "pre-lizard" LEAFs and hasn't been for a while

TomT said:
And I have evidence from a co-workers 2013 that shows just the opposite... I think it is foolish to make such a claim without much more widely distributed data points!

DaveinOlyWA said:

publish the data!! give us something to work with. lets find out if this car is a fluke or a change in the degradation equation

DaveinOlyWA said:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17043" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I would call that "evidence" pretty thin. We need a lot more Leafs and a longer period of time to reach any kind of conclusion.

Back