So many EVs!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatricioEV

I was pulling into my community over the weekend in my LEAF. There's a long main road that goes down the middle of it with lots of different neighborhoods off side streets. Anyway, I was thrilled by the fact that there was a Tesla S driving in front of me and another one driving next to us in the right lane. I know of AT LEAST four LEAFs and three model S just in our one community. I don't know how many Volts there are, but I see a lot of them. Thing is, we're not in Silicone Valley or even California. We're (clap, clap, clap) "deep in the heart of Texas." Ok, it's Austin, but still that's pretty exciting! We're only a couple of years into this new EV revolution and I see electrics all over Austin on a daily basis.

PatricioEV said:
I was pulling into my community over the weekend in my LEAF. There's a long main road that goes down the middle of it with lots of different neighborhoods off side streets. Anyway, I was thrilled by the fact that there was a Tesla S driving in front of me and another one driving next to us in the right lane. I know of AT LEAST four LEAFs and three model S just in our one community. I don't know how many Volts there are, but I see a lot of them. Thing is, we're not in Silicone Valley or even California. We're (clap, clap, clap) "deep in the heart of Texas." Ok, it's Austin, but still that's pretty exciting! We're only a couple of years into this new EV revolution and I see electrics all over Austin on a daily basis.

That's pretty amazing considering you are in Texas. Here in Ft.Worth I can go for a month at a time without seeing another plug-in vehicle of any sort on the road (other than our two)

Tale of 3 Leaves:

A bunch of my friends all in my neighborhood met last weekend and two of them with their Leafs. Another one couldn't show up, otherwise this picture would have had 4 leafs in a row. Mine is the blue one, 2011 SV and the others 2013 SL.

They all waited to see how I do at my one year mark and jumped in on the amazing lease deals.

There is one more who is actively considering.

Attachments

• 3-Leafs.jpg
    3-Leafs.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 251
Actually, Austin is the Silicon Valley of Texas so it actually is not that surprising at all...

PatricioEV said:
Thing is, we're not in Silicone Valley or even California. We're (clap, clap, clap) "deep in the heart of Texas." Ok, it's Austin, but still that's pretty exciting!

PatricioEV said:
... Thing is, we're not in Silicone Valley or even California. We're (clap, clap, clap) "deep in the heart of Texas." ...
BTW, it's Silicon (no "e") Valley, named for the element computer chips are made from. Silicone Valley is where all the plastic surgeons are. :D

I was in SoCal last week on business trip... drove over 1000 miles in 4 days in various places (Carson, Anaheim, Fontana, Chino, West LA, Ontario, San Bernardino, etc).
BUT NOT A SINGLE Leaf came into my sight...
At the end I was desperately looking at every car in carpool lanes... no luck... Haven't seen any stickered ones zooming past me...
Here in Seattle I drive around 50mi/day and EVERY DAY I see multiple leafs.
So, California lost its status in my eyes, as Leaf breeding ground... :)

I live in a small town, around 8000, daily I see at least 4 leafs not including ours, usualy around two volts not including ours and a Tesla Roadster at least once a week. Last month a Model S!

I am in NW Austin in the Cedar Park area. In a year and 4 months of having 2 Leafs, I have seen 2 Teslas, 4 Leafs and a Volt pulled behind my new Volt last week. I have seen several charging stations in the Cedar Park area though.

Ian B

UkrainianKozak said:
I was in SoCal last week on business trip... drove over 1000 miles in 4 days in various places (Carson, Anaheim, Fontana, Chino, West LA, Ontario, San Bernardino, etc).
BUT NOT A SINGLE Leaf came into my sight...
At the end I was desperately looking at every car in carpool lanes... no luck... Haven't seen any stickered ones zooming past me...
Here in Seattle I drive around 50mi/day and EVERY DAY I see multiple leafs.
So, California lost its status in my eyes, as Leaf breeding ground... :)

You weren't trying hard enough ;) I see at least one other Leaf at least once a week.

Just the other day I drove mine on the I-10 "Lexus Lanes" (pay to use preferential lanes) for the very first time.

I will admit that I do tend to see more Volts than Leafs in my area.

davewill said:
PatricioEV said:
... Thing is, we're not in Silicone Valley or even California. We're (clap, clap, clap) "deep in the heart of Texas." ...
BTW, it's Silicon (no "e") Valley, named for the element computer chips are made from. Silicone Valley is where all the plastic surgeons are. :D

:lol: Right! Typo. Believe me, there is PLENTY of silicone in my community!

Becky50 said:
My niece is moving to Austin in July to begin her career as a nurse. She went to visit and is very excited.

If she has Federal Student Loans, make sure she checks into getting them cancelled for working as a nurse for "x" number of years. But check it out up front! She hopefully already knows.

The company I work for (about 6,000 employees on site) wanted a photo shoot for Earth day so they invited all of the EV owners on campus to our solar farm for a picture. There were 50 people on the invitation!

We ended up with about 30 Leaves, one Volt and one Tesla. I haven't seen the final photo, but seeing that many Leafs in one spot was pretty awesome.

And no, we aren't in Austin or CA.

In DFW I see more Volts than Leafs or Teslas. Although living in the south side I don't expect to see as many Teslas (north side is the more affluent area), but digging into (although older) numbers that my work collected, Volts do beat out Leafs almost 2:1. The number may have changed, but, my self I rarely see Leafs in the wild (this exludes the few in my small town) while I see volts about once a week or so (again excluding the ones in my town). Funny thing about my town I live in a very far suburb that is definitely more hick and country than soccer mom/suburbia and is smallish (~18,000). We have at least 3 Leafs in town with 4 to 5 volts (I have started to loose count on these). Suprises me that as much country and small life the city is, we have a healthy amount of plug-ins.

Here in JAX I know one person who has two LEAFS, I've seen a volt and my son spotted a Tesla at the only public charging station in the region. So that makes at least 4 EVs in addition to mine. I am sure that there are a few more. as a percentage the number of EVs around here is quite low.

Back