SoCal Branch LEAF Gathering - Our First Year

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tbleakne said:
On the black section of the spreadsheet, I see VINs in the 3Ks, 4Ks, and even a couple of 5Ks, while the red-delivered section shows at least 8 in the 3Ks. I asked my dealer if he could see a manufactured date, but he didn't know where to look for that. Any speculations ?

I was able to obtain my build date from CS.

Charging available at Cerritos Nissan:

When coming from more than 35 or 40 miles away, you might want a bit of charging during the Gathering. Those with real "need" (rather than just wanting free e-fuel) will be given priority.

We usually have three AV L2 charging stations available, sometimes four.

At times we will charge 3 cars at one station, for an hour each. So far, Cerritos Nissan has been able to accomodate our Cluster's needs.

Kataphn said:
Will be in Yosemite this Saturday so will miss Cerritos....look forward to hearing how it went and Boomer's pics.

Have a great trip, Kath! I just love Yosemite in the springtime. I hope you beat the summer crowds by getting there early.

sdbmania said:
I met my first leafer tonight, hi Ben!

I'd be up for joining you guys and gals for the Santa Ana meet up since it's closer to me and I'd be more comfortable getting back home.
Are the meetings really early in the morning? If so, I'd probably be a bit late since I get up at about 8:30 to 9am generally. :)

I met a new Leafer named Ben yesterday too. He got his black LEAF at Santa Monica Nissan about a week ago. He lives in or near Santa Monica. Same gentleman?

Cars & Coffee early Saturday morning meetup in two weeks, Saturday June 18 in Irvine, for any LEAFers interested in gathering at a large weekly show of unusual and special cars to show off our LEAFs. You'll see some of the most amazing cars you've ever seen, and there is always a chance that a manufacturer will be previewing a car that you'll only see in the car magazines. There are also vintage cars and often a major historic marque will be featured for the morning.

We don't want to overwhelm the meet, but I would think that between 6 and 8 LEAFs would be a good number. If you're thinking that we might not "fit in" with all of the gear heads, don't be concerned. Gary and I did a trial run there a few weeks ago and we were welcomed and had a lot of interest from attendees.

There is no charging opportunity on site, but OC Nissan, Tustin Nissan and Connell in Costa Mesa are all just a few miles away. Or someone could come to my house in Irvine afterwards and leave your LEAF to charge at L2 while we go for breakfast.

You'll need to arrive between 6:30 am and about 6:45 am. The whole event is about over by 8:30 am and all the cars are usually gone by 9 am. Gary and I will arrive early and try to reserve parking space together. It will help us to do that if we know how many are planning to come, so please speak up here so that we can count heads. So far I have myself, Garygid, and hill as definite. I think that Mitch 1051 also was pretty sure he was coming. Who else is interested?

The location is in the Irvine Spectrum area, near Alton and Irvine Center Drive, across from The Spectrum shopping center, and adjacent to Mazda North America Operations and a building owned by Ford. Exit Rt 405 at Irvine Center Drive. Take Irvine Center Drive North past the shopping center to Alton. Cross Alton and make a right turn onto Gateway. The parking lot is on Gateway between Alton and Irvine Center Drive. Coffee and snacks are served from a table on site. :)

garygid said:
"breakfast", ... did somebody say "breakfast"? :lol:

Yeah, Gary. Put your HTB specs on and find us one near Irvine Spectrum. Or we can step up-market and reward ourselves for getting up so early and go somewhere even nicer, like Corner Bakery!

I will be attending this Saturday, June 11. It is 36 mi each way, and I am going to need some charge. Check it out at:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2099&p=100391#p100391

It is very nice to finally get this amazing car.

garygid said:

When coming from more than 35 or 40 miles away, you might want a bit of charging during the Gathering. Those with real "need" (rather than just wanting free e-fuel) will be given priority.
Since we are coming down to the wire with the $5K CA rebate, I submitted my on-line application late Friday night. I received an acknowledgement Monday morning, with a message that instructions would follow in a couple of business days.

tbleakne said:
Since we are coming down to the wire with the $5K CA rebate, I submitted my on-line application late Friday night. I received an acknowledgement Monday morning, with a message that instructions would follow in a couple of business days.
You took delivery Saturday? CVRP has been pretty clear that the date on the purchase docs have to be on or earlier than the date you apply on-line...to keep people from jumping the gun. I'd contact CVRP ASAP. You may have to cancel and resubmit a new on-line application.

Tom, that is wonderful news! Now all of our founding branch members have there LEAFS.

Mitch

tbleakne said:
I will be attending this Saturday, June 11. It is 36 mi each way, and I am going to need some charge. Check it out at:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2099&p=100391#p100391

It is very nice to finally get this amazing car.

garygid said:

Great news, Tom. I echo everything Kat and Mitch have said. I'm feeling good for our whole group, now.

And JPV, too! Wow

"Squeek, squeek!"

By the way, I would talk to the folks at CCSE to make sure that everything is cool with your reservation for your rebate, as davewill says.

Back