SoCal Branch LEAF-Gathering Year 2 - #24c: 25 Aug 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tips, everyone. This'll mark my 6th trip to the Mitsubishi QC. I really don't need too much QC as I'll be able to L2 at home for a few hours before my journey in the afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

About 9 LEAFs and 15 people.

As usual, a good time, but made extra special with the 1st "Return of Kat".

Kat also brought some significant items to Raffle off.
Even just
out of crisis,
she brings
things for others!

Kat, really great to see you again!!! :D :D :D :D
Love to you both, Gary and Mrs G

Great to see everyone and have some "sinful" HTB food. They have something that looks like triangular tater tots that is my weakness. We also talked solar and had some good info exchange on that. I also shared my battery report around since our LEAF had the one year check up. Elektra had high marks in all categories. I am going to save each year's report for a future owner who will surely want to know the battery history. Thanks to Gary for continuing to preside as our branch manager. :mrgreen:

I plan on being there, Gary.

This Saturday, April 21, at 12:30pm in downtown Claremont, tbleakne will give a presentation on EVs. Come support the Professor and enjoy some food afterward.

http://www.ci.claremont.ca.us/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The 2012 Claremont Earth Day Celebration will be held on Saturday, April 21 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., along Second Street. There will be over 50 exhibitor/vendor booths; sustainable living: how-to demonstrations; workshops; live entertainment, including four bands; activities for children and the family; opportunities to get involved; and presentations by the Mayor and environmental experts. There will also be a one-hour Walk/Bike Ride (helmets required) beginning at 8:30 a.m., at the Metrolink parking lot (First and College). All levels of walkers/riders are welcome.

Kill two birds with one stone: There is also an EVAOSC meeting at 10am at AQMD in Diamond Bar that morning. Address- 21865 Copley Drive, Diamond Bar, CA 91765
http://evaosc.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Cal Poly Pomona Alternative Vehicle Club Solar race boat team will be the program presenters for our April meeting. They will be the only California team at the Iowa competition in June. They plan to bring the boat.

I'm planning to be there, Gary.

I took the liberty of posting about the meeting on Facebook in the BMW ActiveE group. We might get some local "Electronauts" to join us, and hopefully bring their electric BMWs for show and tell.

91040 said:

This Saturday, April 21, at 12:30pm in downtown Claremont, tbleakne will give a presentation on EVs. Come support the Professor and enjoy some food afterward.

The 2012 Claremont Earth Day Celebration will be held on Saturday, April 21 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., along Second Street. There will be over 50 exhibitor/vendor booths; sustainable living: how-to demonstrations; workshops; live entertainment, including four bands; activities for children and the family; opportunities to get involved; and presentations by the Mayor and environmental experts. There will also be a one-hour Walk/Bike Ride (helmets required) beginning at 8:30 a.m., at the Metrolink parking lot (First and College). All levels of walkers/riders are welcome.

Kill two birds with one stone: There is also an EVAOSC meeting at 10am at AQMD in Diamond Bar that morning. Address- 21865 Copley Drive, Diamond Bar, CA 91765
The Cal Poly Pomona Alternative Vehicle Club Solar race boat team will be the program presenters for our April meeting. They will be the only California team at the Iowa competition in June. They plan to bring the boat.

Thanks for the notice. I might join you guys, with a charge-up at AQMD.

91040 said:

Where is tbleakne going to be speaking, exactly? Will it be in a lecture hall, or will I find him on a soap box on the corner of 2nd Street? :)

Boomer23 said:
91040 said:

Where is tbleakne going to be speaking, exactly? Will it be in a lecture hall, or will I find him on a soap box on the corner of 2nd Street? :)
There will be a Speaker's Tent on 2nd Street with a video projector. I believe that is where I give my spiel. Thanks for all your support.

There are 6 Chargepoint stations at Pomona College parking structure on 1st St, 1/4 mile E. of College. About 1/2 mile walk to 2nd street. Chargepoint fee $1.25 per connected hour. Sorry about that.

Last night I added a few things to my presentation from the EV event at SCAQMD in Diamond Bar. I hope to mention abasile's trip to Morro Bay as well. At AQMD we met the owner of the SB QC who was there to express his concern about demand charges.

6 days to the next meet up.

tbleakne gave an excellent presentation yesterday in Claremont. His car attracted a fair amount of attention as well. Enjoyed hanging out with jeremyw and boomer23 as well.

EVAOSC meeting was interesting. The club has a large amount of money that they will use to install charging stations. They are in the process of deciding how to use it. The solar/electric power boat presentation by the CalPoly Pomona students was very impressive.

Friday there was an EV Forum at SCAQMD. Speakers included politicians, municipal, county and utility officials and industry representatives. More info: http://www.cleantechinstitute.org/Events/EVF2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. tbleakne, jpvleaf and the owner of the San Bernardino QC were there.

Looks like "gascant" will be joining us this coming Saturday.
Apparently he will be driving down from the Santa Monica area.

I will bring my laptop running CAN-Do to demo its new GPS-Logging feature. It can log Latitude, Longitude, Altitude, Velocity, Heading, GMT Date and Time. This GPS logging is available with or without the CAN-bus Logging.

See you Saturday.

Back