Software Upgrade? Feb 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my notification by email and carwings notification today. Funny that you mentioned the power issue today. When I picked up my car today after charging the range meter was lower than I have ever seen it after a full charge. It read 84 miles. It usually reads 95-98 miles when I pick it up.

kmcmahan said:
I got my notification by email and carwings notification today. Funny that you mentioned the power issue today. When I picked up my car today after charging the range meter was lower than I have ever seen it after a full charge. It read 84 miles. It usually reads 95-98 miles when I pick it up.
Any clue why it was lower? The Guessometer has variability built into it. Any indication your charge was cut short?

Leafers!

Does anyone have a layperson's listing of what the update actually changed/improved/modified?

I only know of one notable and identifiable modification: Repeating chime when door is open and vehicle is ON. Before the update, the car simply "beeped" 3 times if I was outside the vehicle and it was ON.

What else was impacted by this update?

I just got mine updated this morning. One thing I noticed was that when you open up the door when it is in drive or reverse the warning that pops up is Shift into Prange. Does anyone know if Prange is a misspelling or does it stand for something?

Park Range. The only other documented change that I am aware of is the TCU/Carwings update.

marccbr said:
I just got mine updated this morning. One thing I noticed was that when you open up the door when it is in drive or reverse the warning that pops up is Shift into Prange. Does anyone know if Prange is a misspelling or does it stand for something?

I wonder why they just didn't put "Park" instead of "Prange". Its shorter and more of what I think most people would expect.

TomT said:
Park Range. The only other documented change that I am aware of is the TCU/Carwings update.

marccbr said:

Coulter Nissan of Glendale AZ performed the update at my workplace professionally and completely without hassle. THANKS COULTER! ABC Nissan in Phoenix refused to perform my update at my workplace even after I read them the the official notice from Nissan explaining their obligation to so. I guess I know who gets my business from now on.

DON'T DO IT. None of the little annoyances were fixed. The only noticeable change is the continuous beeping when a door is opened when dropping someone off or picking them up. Oh, also my charge timer was turned off. Luckily I checked the charge on carwings the next day early enough that I had a chance to charge up before I went anywhere. If you do get the update, check your timer settings before you park for the night.

So, has anybody verified a real, substantial benefit to this Update?

For Nissan to go to this million-dollar ($100 x 10,000 in very approximate numbers) update, they must be fixing SOME liability, I would think.

garygid said:

For Nissan to go to this million-dollar ($100 x 10,000 in very approximate numbers) update, they must be fixing SOME liability, I would think.

Manual misprint? Still need to get my November 2011 edition.

I suspect the only two real things that drove the "upgrade" are the addition of the still-in-D-and-door-open-chime, which was a legal-lawyer liability, and for those cars in high snow/ice areas, the bracket. Since they needed to do those two anyway, they likely decided this was a good time to fix the TCU disconnection and Carwings inaccuracies as well for those cars with the old firmware...

garygid said:

I wish I could get the update, the local Nissan dealer is telling me Nissan hasn't made the update download available yet. I guess all of the dealers you guys are going to practice some kind of magical dark arts to upgrade your Leafs...

The new software update seems to have changed the way my drivers window works. I can still depress the button and window will travel all the way down with just one press, but now to raise the window you have to hold the switch until the window goes all the way up. I was able to close the window entirely with just a quick flick of the button, always thought that was unsafe. Good for Nissan to correct a potential law suit from someone getting killed....... :?:

walter said:
The new software update seems to have changed the way my drivers window works. I can still depress the button and window will travel all the way down with just one press, but now to raise the window you have to hold the switch until the window goes all the way up. I was able to close the window entirely with just a quick flick of the button, always thought that was unsafe. Good for Nissan to correct a potential law suit from someone getting killed....... :?:
You just have to recalibrate the auto-up feature. Directions in the owners manual.

It's caused by your dealer screwing up, actually. Simply roll the window all the way down and then hold the up button until it rolls all the way up and then continue to hold for an additional few seconds. This will recalibrate the motor torque (current) sensor.

walter said:
The new software update seems to have changed the way my drivers window works. I can still depress the button and window will travel all the way down with just one press, but now to raise the window you have to hold the switch until the window goes all the way up.

Yep. No significant differences except for some minor corrections and the addition of the open door in D chime and the cold weather package info. It is about 1/3 thicker though due to higher quality, thicker paper stock. Still about the same number of pages ...

spike09 said:
Any one got the new Owners Manual yet?

Back