Software Upgrade

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenFoot

I recently had my software upgrade which I was told would improve the calculation of the miles counter. Unfortunately, there was a power fluctuation during my upgrade and the car froze. Nissan had to replace the vcm board. They reinstalled the upgrade afterward. Now, I'm getting about 25% less mileage than I was getting before the upgrade. The dealer is trying to figure out what's going on. The initial response was it must be your driving. I told them to check Carwings and see how highly rated I am, especially in trees and regen braking. I am waiting to hear back from Nissan.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible that some of the battery cells were damaged during the power fluctuation?

GreenFoot said:
I recently had my software upgrade which I was told would improve the calculation of the miles counter. Unfortunately, there was a power fluctuation during my upgrade and the car froze. Nissan had to replace the vcm board. They reinstalled the upgrade afterward. Now, I'm getting about 25% less mileage than I was getting before the upgrade. The dealer is trying to figure out what's going on. The initial response was it must be your driving. I told them to check Carwings and see how highly rated I am, especially in trees and regen braking. I am waiting to hear back from Nissan.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it possible that some of the battery cells were damaged during the power fluctuation?

Why do you think you have 25% less "mileage"?

Back