Spare Ket FOBS 2023 Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyct

Leaf Supporting Member
When I bought my 2023 SV+ today the dealership quoted $397 each for 2 additional Key Fobs and programming. I always keep a spare fob at home and at our cabin for all my vehicles, in case of emergency.

The Nissan part number for a 2023 is 285E35SA1C. No after market supplier sells a FOB for a 2023. The Nissan part number for the fobs on my 2020 is 285E35SA1A, just the last digit is different. The part numbers embossed on the fob are exactly the same for 2020 and 2023. I think the Nissan part number difference is because the Nissan Logo is slightly different on new fobs.

Everyone, multiple dealers and after market suppliers, state they are not reusable. Once programmed to a car they cannot be programmed to another. My local dealer will program 2 fobs and cut the keys for $150. Local locksmith charge $89 visit fee and will only quote cost after on site. Yeah, right.

So I ordered 2 OEM fobs from online dealer for $89 each and will get them to Nissan service to program them. Hopefully it will be successful. The 2 spare fobs for my 2020 came from them and were programmed fine.

I’ll report back.

The part numbers and FCC numbers on both 2020 and 2023 fobs are as follows;
FCC ID: CWTWB1GO168
IS IC: 1788F-FWB1-G0168
MODEL NAME: The TWB1G0168
Is ALPS ELECTRIC CO LTD

My son and I bought a 2020 SL+ in May. It was slightly used (it had 28 miles) and came with only 1 key fob. I'd like to get him a 2nd one for Christmas. We bought the car at the Paris Autobarn which has sadly, gone out of business. Can you tell me the best and most economical way to go about getting him a second one? Thanks in advance for your help.

Back