spouse

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epic

me luv the leaf.My wife uses it,tolerates it .Other then my awesome ICE boat,I would get rid of the f250.Are most housholds 1 sided on the leaf luv.?

while I love my LEAF I am finding that it is just a bit short on range, I will hang on to my ICE, even though I have not turned the key of it for a month.
I wish the Tesla was priced lower, $80k is just too high for what is still a car without a long track record, too high of a price to gamble on it's quality.
Until an EV that is affordable and can offer about a 150-200 mile range I think the EVs will be a tough sell to the average person. Fortunately I think that my wishes will be granted in the next few years.

My wife told me that she was extremely happy and proud that I bought the first LEAF. This, to her, was a statement. The second LEAF made her even prouder.

YMMV.

Strong case of Leaf love here. Sold second car and haven't missed it yet. Want to buy a second electric car. Hopefully 2014 Infiniti LE.

DW likes driving for near free and happily uses LEAF when convenient.
Subaru however will still be her vehicle for some time... possibly a RAV4-EV but not sure I can swing that and a Tesla anytime soon ;)

I had a Toyota van. She had a Buick Rendezvous.
Bought a LEAF. Sold the Toyota
I had a LEAF, she had her Buick.
Bought a Tesla Model S.
Daughter got the Buick.
Wife claimed the LEAF.
I got stuck with the Tesla. :( ;)

My wife steals mine all of the time. And now she is driving it full time for the last 6 weeks. But I'm driving the Volt now and finding myself not wanting to go back to the Leaf. (Sorry, the Volt is just more sporty)

adric22 said:
My wife steals mine all of the time. And now she is driving it full time for the last 6 weeks. But I'm driving the Volt now and finding myself not wanting to go back to the Leaf. (Sorry, the Volt is just more sporty)
:arrow:

epic said:
me luv the leaf.My wife uses it,tolerates it .Other then my awesome ICE boat,I would get rid of the f250.Are most housholds 1 sided on the leaf luv.?
LEAF-only household here and I don't miss my ICE or buying gas for the last year. The jet ski gets pulled by the SO's truck, but that's such a minor issue. A lot of people over-estimate how much they drive in a day and don't realize how suitable a LEAF can be for everyday needs. I don't even plug it in every night (oops, forgot to last night, but there are 6 fuel bars left, no worries). YMMV, but it's great for me. :)

My wife was somewhat ambivalent about the car at first. Her opinion rose when she learned that she could listen to Pandora from her iPhone over the bluetooth. And then rose again considerably when she learned she could turn on the AC remotely. When she saw the car can comfortably carry our 170 lb dog she was quite happy with it. It's now the car of choice for our 40-60 mile weekend trips to breakfast and the off-leash dog park, listening to tunes and a pre-cooled cabin for a panting 170lb dog to climb back into. :)

Nubo said:
My wife was somewhat ambivalent about the car at first. Her opinion rose when she learned that she could listen to Pandora from her iPhone over the bluetooth. And then rose again considerably when she learned she could turn on the AC remotely. When she saw the car can comfortably carry our 170 lb dog she was quite happy with it. It's now the car of choice for our 40-60 mile weekend trips to breakfast and the off-leash dog park, listening to tunes and a pre-cooled cabin for a panting 170lb dog to climb back into. :)
170 lb.? What breed?

My wife loves the Leaf, but is afraid to drive it. :shock: We live in the burbs, and go out of town monthly, so the Leaf doesn't handle all our needs. She has a Prius C, so we can make trips of 75mi no problem and still get 50+ mpg. Going from a Subaru Forester and a beat up Dodge Neon to these two is saving us almost my lease payment in fuel.

ebill3 said:
Bought a Tesla Model S.
Daughter got the Buick.
Wife claimed the LEAF.
Me thinks you got the best of the deal here. ;) ;)

derkraut said:
ebill3 said:
Bought a Tesla Model S.
Daughter got the Buick.
Wife claimed the LEAF.
Me thinks you got the best of the deal here. ;) ;)
Ditto.

If the Toyota van was a Sienna, then it seems you lost the Swagger Wagon. ;) See hilarious video below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-N3F1FhW4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nubo said:
My wife was somewhat ambivalent about the car at first. Her opinion rose when she learned that she could listen to Pandora from her iPhone over the bluetooth. And then rose again considerably when she learned she could turn on the AC remotely.

Our significant others could be sisters. :D

I arrived at her house today to find her in Laurel (2013 LEAF), playing with the audio functions. Now we're both obsessed, with the same kind of transportation, but for different reasons.

My wife tolerated me getting the Leaf, but once it was here, she drives it every chance she can get. It saves us more money on gas and service this way since her car is an Acura, but it is slightly annoying to have my audiobook changed to a talk radio station, the volume turned way down (the AM radio volume is much higher naturally for some reason), and the A/C switched on. She also complains if I don't leave the trunk area well organized for her to load groceries in, but I gladly keep the trunk to her liking in exchange for her doing all the shopping. I hate shopping.

Wife not huge on it. Granted, it is a tight squeeze for the whole family, but she has some range anxiety. Sometimes I'll give it to her to go to work, and no complaints, but does prefer the ICE and I can't say I entirely blame her. I'm ok with the range issues, to me it's a small game and I realize most people will have problems with a car that has such limited range.

Back