Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status of delivery changed from pending to March 2011 for me as well. No other change on dashboard.

Harvinder
Order date 9/7/10.

Ordered around 2:45 or so on 20 April, but my RAQ "enabling" was delayed until 13 Sept for some reason. I had an early "AV Waiver", so maybe there was some "bug" that delayed the RAQ. When I mentioned the situation to some kind Nissan staff on 12 Sept at the CCSE parking lot "fair", my RAQ "just happened" to open the next day. Whoever did that, THANKS.

Now, I see the "delivery FORCAST" (not promise) of "March 2011". This is right along with the 2nd through 8th (or 9th?) Sept orders, indicating that my order is being "sequenced" for production according to Reservation sequence, NOT my actual (probably-delayed) Order Date.

Later Reservations, Orders of about 9th Sept (or so) onward, are getting April 2011 delivery forcasts.

But, like the weather, the forcasts are current estimates.

This "relatively big" release of orders to production scheduling would seem to indicate that the three "areas of concern" (in the current production "batch") has been successfully folded into the manufacturing process.

I suspect that the next "sprouting" (batch) of LEAFs will also be examined in fine detail, resulting in continued long and variable LA-Port to Dealer times.

But, GOOD WORK Nissan!!!

LakeLeaf said:
Also just changed from Pending to Month of March 2011

Ordered 9/3
Ordered 9/2 (after the 8/31 EVSE/debacle/lockout) and they've apparently reactivated me into the MARCH delivery group too. So that means the "richard.kelly" delivery spreadsheet estimator is off by a minimum of 2 months (as of this posting ... but of course as FURTHER delays get recorded, it will pick up the difference), because (as of yesterday) IT's estimation is in less than 3 weeks. Oh well, it'll happen ... eventually.

Reserved April 20, 2010. Ordered Sept 15, 2010. Delivery just listed as March 2011. Looks like they are at a full 7 months from order -> delivery. :(

Are there zero cars getting delivered in February? And what about the last two weeks of January, we know there are still a group of people waiting for the cars from the last shipment, but now everyone else is listed as March or April. Weird.

edit: I do feel better about having the March date (as opposed to the Pending), as long as they are going to get me the car by the end of March. At least I don't have to sit on the edge of my seat waiting.

Two things:
1)I see a lot of people putting their change in the thread, but the first page of this thread gives steps to send the sheet in email - which is preferred?

2)Any chance of getting the http://www.richard.kelly.ws/wheresmyleaf/ url either on the first page or on the instructions tab of the sheet? It's a cool companion to the spreadsheet, even if the dates don't match up right now.

JasonT said:
I see a lot of people putting their change in the thread, but the first page of this thread gives steps to send the sheet in email - which is preferred?

It seems like people are doing both. If it only showed up in the spreadsheet I don't think I would have noticed. When I saw a group announcing the change in the thread it caught my attention.

garygid said:
Ordered around 2:45 or so on 20 April, but my RAQ "enabling" was delayed until 13 Sept for some reason. I had an early "AV Waiver", so maybe there was some "bug" that delayed the RAQ. When I mentioned the situation to some kind Nissan staff on 12 Sept at the CCSE parking lot "fair", my RAQ "just happened" to open the next day. Whoever did that, THANKS.

Now, I see the "delivery FORCAST" (not promise) of "March 2011". This is right along with the 2nd through 8th (or 9th?) Sept orders, indicating that my order is being "sequenced" for production according to Reservation sequence, NOT my actual (probably-delayed) Order Date.
/quote]

I am have the same situation, RAQ opened Sep 1, but website problems delayed my order until Sep 14 and I also have a March delivery date. Just another data point.

palmermd said:
Are there zero cars getting delivered in February? And what about the last two weeks of January, we know there are still a group of people waiting for the cars from the last shipment, but now everyone else is listed as March or April. Weird.

edit: I do feel better about having the March date (as opposed to the Pending), as long as they are going to get me the car by the end of March. At least I don't have to sit on the edge of my seat waiting.
Yea, now all we have to sit on the edge of our seat for, is to find out if the highly reliable system fails ... jacking us back a few MORE weeks. Good thing they got all the bugs fixed, eh? Oh yea . . . how's THAT workin' for ya.
:lol:

garygid said:
Ordered around 2:45 or so on 20 April, but my RAQ "enabling" was delayed until 13 Sept for some reason. .................... snip
Gary, maybe i'm missing it, but I don't find you anywhere, much less on 9/13, on the spreadsheet.

hill said:
Ordereg 9/2 (after the 8/31 EVSE/deacle/lockout) and they've apparently reactivated me into the MARCH delivery group too. So that means the delivery spreadsheet estimator is off by a minimum of 1 month, because IT's estimation is in less than 3 weeks. Oh well, it'll happen ... eventually.
JasonT said:
1)I see a lot of people putting their change in the thread, but the first page of this thread gives steps to send the sheet in email - which is preferred?

2)Any chance of getting the http://www.richard.kelly.ws/wheresmyleaf/ url either on the first page or on the instructions tab of the sheet? It's a cool companion to the spreadsheet, even if the dates don't match up right now.

turbo2ltr has said he'll be updating the spreadsheet later today. So we should see quite a bit of changes in the spreadsheet and the WML page.

As for the discrepancy in dates, obviously Nissan's estimates trump those in the WML page. But the page is dynamic, and any one person's projected date will keep changing until they receive their car, so the projections can't really be "wrong" ;-) (probably more useful to those still in "pending" status tho)

In the case of my car, WML is guessing Jan 28 to Feb 3, and now my Nissan estimate is March. For Nissan's estimate to be right, either we'll see average deliveries per day drop (have we had any deliveries since Saturday?), or maybe we'll find it's due to unaccounted for cars in the spreadsheet. I'm interested in finding out which it will be.

LindaK said:
Reserved April 20, 2010. Ordered Sept 15, 2010. Delivery just listed as March 2011. Looks like they are at a full 7 months from order -> delivery. :(

Unless they deliver on April fools day, it will be more then 7 month for me...

With all of these delays ... don't forget one particular silver lining: More time for the EVSE manufacturers competing to bring you lower priced EVSEs ... :p

LindaK said:

Linda, I think you'll find that a March 15 delivery date will put you six months out from order date, not seven. :)

LEAFer said:
With all of these delays ... don't forget one particular silver lining: More time for the EVSE manufacturers competing to bring you lower priced EVSEs ... :p
Well . . . FORD is finally getting on board . . . claiming they'll have an EV Focus production vehicle within a year or two. They'll be offering their OWN EVSE (full 32amp 240v) for sale, available at "Best Buy" of all places. Something like $1,100.00 including installation! Won't that be a HOOT. EVSE's being installed by the "Geek Squad".
:lol:
Hopefully our rides will be here long before we see that happen.

Back