Spreadsheet : VINs, Delivery Dates, Order Dates etc

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all of those who recently joined the forum, you can enter your car/delivery information into this spreadsheet (see page 1). Instructions for updating information already in the spreadsheet are also on page 1.

Looks like Turbo is going to be busy again. ;)

Based on my conversation with Supervisor at CS and his statement that there are 900 cars in port which will cover "most" of the Sept/October orders, am I correct in my calculations that only about 25% of all orders are posted in the spreadsheet? Is this likely to be lower for later orders?

My status went from May, to pending, and then today to July, 2011. No VIN.
But my charger is being installed on Monday morning!

I invited my friend with a Tesla to come by for a coffee and a top-up, only to learn that he can't connect up. Seems that the Tesla's plug configuration came out before the standard had been decided, and that a converter/adapter will be offered by Tesla at some time. He tells me the adapter will be very expensive. When a Tesla owner says very expensive, I wonder how much that is in LEAF dollars?

GoSolar said:
When a Tesla owner says very expensive, I wonder how much that is in LEAF dollars?
The difference is measured in cubic increments. :D

money.jpg

TT
ps--been out of town for 10 days, but will send in my delivery update now.

GoSolar said:
My status went from May, to pending, and then today to July, 2011. No VIN.
But my charger is being installed on Monday morning!

I invited my friend with a Tesla to come by for a coffee and a top-up, only to learn that he can't connect up. Seems that the Tesla's plug configuration came out before the standard had been decided, and that a converter/adapter will be offered by Tesla at some time. He tells me the adapter will be very expensive. When a Tesla owner says very expensive, I wonder how much that is in LEAF dollars?
Which unit is being installed? The interior Blink installs have been plug-ins. Which means you could unplug the Blink and the Tesla could probably plug in (if he has the right adapter.)

youngr3 said:
Based on my conversation with Supervisor at CS and his statement that there are 900 cars in port which will cover "most" of the Sept/October orders, am I correct in my calculations that only about 25% of all orders are posted in the spreadsheet? Is this likely to be lower for later orders?

Today's Nissan press release http://nissannews.com/newsrelease.do;jsessionid=06C184862CD3D744B959C33CFD454CCC?&id=2414 and the report on http://www.detnews.com/article/20110420/AUTO01/104200388/1361/Nissan-to-increase-North-American-production--Leaf-offerings provide some basis for knowing the % of delivered Leafs reported on the spreadsheet.
Spreadsheet has 120 deliveries through the end of March if you include evdriver which shows delivered but doesn't have a delivered date entered and has delivery estimate on dashboard of 3/2011. The Detroit News reports Nissan sold 452 Leafs in the US through the end of March. If accurate information, then 26.5% of deliveries through the end of March are reported on the spreadsheet.
Some of the MNL discussion has indicated that later orders have a lower reporting rate on the spreadsheet.
Information from the dealer I ordered from supports this. Newton Nissan of Gallatin (EXCELLENT dealer) has taken orders for 15 Leafs. But only their first order (brad) and second order (myself) are on the spreadsheet. A very low 13.3% spreadsheet reporting rate.
May be less spreadsheet reporting of the later orders, and also quite a bit of variation among the states. CA probably higher reporting, and TN lower reporting.
Press release and the Detroit News report at least partially backs up what CS told you. Detroit News report indicates 448 deliveries projected for April, which is probably in line with 900 vehicles in port, considering the delays for the air conditioning corrections. That will be an all new record of 15 vehicles per day being delivered.
That will probably provide for delivery to all the Sept/Oct orders. Spreadsheet has 173 Sept/Oct orders not delivered yet. If the 26.5% ratio holds, they need 652 Leafs to fill those orders.
Looking at orders through December, there are 241 not delivered yet. If the 26.5% ratio holds, they need 909 Leafs to fill all of them.
They may get all of the Sept to December orders filled within the next couple months.
Depends on how quickly they caught the horrendous order SNAFU and how they are going about correcting it. Spreadsheet only shows a couple deliveries to January orders. But there are quite a few January / February orders that still show dashboard delivery projections in the next couple months.
If they stick by the projections / VIN #s they gave to later orders, some # of earlier orders may end up waiting for delivery in late June / July.
I still believe Nissan would have been much better off to provide more detailed information on the order SNAFU and a straight up apology. They have shared a few bits here and there with individuals in phone conversations which they have then shared on MNL. But a straight up detailed explanation of the human performance error that caused the order SNAFU and an apology would have gone a lot further than press releases and new waves of very expensive television ads.
It is hard to get over the bad public relations of inadequately communicating to several hundred intense early adopters whose orders got lost or shuffled to the back of the queue for some period of time.
I still look forward to getting the Leaf and I share that enthusiasm with my friends and co-workers. But they also hear the whole story. An order SNAFU with no explanation or apology. A four page disclaimer only provided at the point of ordering about warranty (or lack thereof on the battery) and uncertainties of suitability in cold climate (TN has gotten to -24F before, not often, but once in a long while). And a completely unnecessary lack of any information about option details to place the order.
Overall Nissan has done very well with the Leaf roll-out. But it doesn't take too many flaws to reduce the value of the diamond.

It's starting to feel lonely at the top

Here is the score as I see it among all people shown on the spreadsheet as ordering before Sep 3 and not yet having their car:
Code:
Robertwray   4/20/2010 order date is an obvious error
mckemie      4/20/2010 order date is an obvious error
j1m2buy      4/21/2010 order date is an obvious error
mkenigson    Inactive - Last visit Jan 5
earther      Delivered Apr 22
HMBScott     Not registered at MyNissanLeaf
Unknown*     Not registered at MyNissanLeaf
planet4ever  
Nils         Inactive - First and last visit Mar 15
linkim       Delivered Apr 19
Sierrasailor Not registered at MyNissanLeaf
richard      [Unsure, no posts for a month]
MrFish       Delivered Mar 30
cronce       Not registered at MyNissanLeaf
jludwi2      Delivered Apr 5

Ray

Edit: My apologies to richard for classifying him incorrectly.

Sad, but true.

There is a lot of "noise" in the spreadsheet right now. Tossing out (1) people who confused order date with reservation date; (2) the obviously forgotten/one-time logins (no update from March __?) and (3) the names that do not match to mnl login names would be a good start.

But first, an effort should be made to shore up the spreadsheet by blast emailing the MNL logins who can be contacted to ask them to update their information. This would likely prolong its usefulness and benefit the "black font" June and July deliveries.

Planet4ever, it is time to ask the mods about changing your login to Lonelyplanet.

I really feel for you.

Only an admin can send a PM to everyone. I'm not an admin.

I was thinking of dropping any don-deliveries that haven't updated since I started filling in the "last updated" column with a date. But really there aren't that many.

And yes, i think we can drop anyone that isn't actually registered here. I just didn't have to time to look all that data up.

BTW, richard is registered here. He's the one that runs the Wheres My leaf page. I didn't check the others you said weren't registered.

My information on the spreadsheet is up to date, but I haven't updated it because none of my information has changed. I've had the same "Month of May" estimate since February.

turbo2ltr said:
Only an admin can send a PM to everyone. I'm not an admin.

You have done plenty, and have enough work to do. An admin should do it for you.

turbo2ltr said:
And yes, i think we can drop anyone that isn't actually registered here. I just didn't have to time to look all that data up.

I will do this. I will start working through the list and PMing you 10 names at a time that do not match the login list AND have not been updated since being input. Pretty interesting data point from jcodeglia, above, though. I suspect he is an outlier.

turbo2ltr said:
BTW, richard is registered here. He's the one that runs the Wheres My leaf page. ..

We picked up our LEAF last Thursday. 8/21/11, one year and a day after making the reservation.

5641617915_71ca855274.jpg

The Wheres My LEAF? page is working, but with the number of vehicles, and the fact that it generates dynamically each time, it's taking over 40 seconds to generate.

I can change it so the page loads closer to one second (via caching), but I'd have to rework the feature where you can highlight your own car. So for now I've just left it as is. It will load, just go have a coffee while loading (like CHAdeMO ;-))

Back