Steal Your Battery program: Any news? Hello Nissan?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thankyouOB said:
drees said:
Why don't you call Steve @ http://www.autobeyours.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and ask him what it costs for a LEAF battery pack? He appears to have several parts cars available.

Personally, I'm curious to know if the '13 LEAF pack is a drop-in replacement for the '11-12.
I am NOT interested in a used pack from a crashed leaf.
since it is your idea, drees, you could call Steve, and let us all know; maybe out of the spirit of cooperation, if you are interested in used packs.
Steve says he has sold them for $6,000 in the past. They also use 3/4 of a LEAF pack for plug-in Prius kits - that's pretty cool!

Checked on CarWings again today.

Same old story

CarWingsNews.PNG

Great info, JP.
Should have the battery price in 12 days or less, on or before June 20th.
What does "the vehicle’s on-board charger software has been enhanced to improve compatibility with a broader range of EV charging equipment" mean? I didn't know there was any EV charging equipment out now that wasn't already covered by the existing 2011 software and the standards that were in effect then? Is this some change to avoid damage that was done by some GE EVSE equipment?

JPWhite said:

uh, no.
there is NOTHING on price of a new battery, a replacement battery or refurbishment, the value of your trade-in battery or, most importantly, whether we will be left to the greed-enhancement strategies of dealerships, when we need to get our existing batteries replaced.

(yes, i see that andy has vowed again to have that information for us this spring.) tic toc tic toc tic tick tick tick tick tick

evnow said:
JPWhite said:
Funny you read info about threads posted here and post that link to a different thread here ;)

Google Alerts alerted me to the InsideEV article, so I came straight here to report. Read elsewhere on MNL after the fact. Besides which no one had posted the 'news' from Nissan here so I thought I would.

Just how the cookie crumbled.

with less than two weeks of calendar spring left and having seen nissan reps resurface on this site, i have some confidence we will hear in less than 12 days about:
-the cost of a new battery
-the value of our in-use battery upon trade in
-the standardization of pricing for the install and exchange program by nissan
to NOT leave us at the mercy of dealerships, which tend from greedy and rapacious to customer sensitive, with an abundance of the former.

(dont forget to PM andy with questions and/or brian.
i have not gotten an answer to specific questions i put to nissan via PM in some time. their main interest was in whether i had proof -- i do -- that a dealer charge more than 3k to remove, store and reinstall my LEAF's battery during a painting at their corporate repair shop.)

springtime for nissan and battery.
it wont be springtime next friday.

http://earthsky.org/tonight/solstice-brings-northernmost-sunset" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

thankyouOB said:
it wont be springtime next friday.

http://earthsky.org/tonight/solstice-brings-northernmost-sunset" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had some time to kill so I read that page, so imagine my surprise when I get to the end:

Bottom line: The June solstice comes on June 21 at 5:04 UT or 12:04 a.m. Central Daylight Time for us in central U.S. There is no official beginning to summer or winter. Yet many will call this the beginning of summer in the Northern Hemisphere, and the beginning of winter in the Southern Hemisphere.

thankyouOB said:
America is happy and gay!
We're marching to a faster pace
Look out, here comes a Better Place!
Springtime for Nissan and Battery
La-La-Land's a fine land once more!
Springtime for Nissan and Battery
Watch out, Phoenix
We're going on tour!
Springtime for Nissan and Battery...
CHORUS:
Look, it's springtime
Andy Palmer:
Winter for New Zealand and Oz
CHORUS AND Andy Palmer:
Springtime for Nissan and Battery!
CHORUS:
Springtime! Springtime!
Springtime! Springtime!
Springtime! Springtime!
Springtime! Springtime!

(with apologies to Mel Brooks)

thank you for your input. frequent posting of this reminder is NOT FRIVOLOUS.

i was told by folks talking to nissan -- including someone on the advisory group -- that they often are asked by nissan for proof that we still care about this battery replacement price issue, as well as not leaving us at the mercy of dealers' service shops.

i am supplying ammunition as are others who comment on it.

Back