Suggestions for best generic car cover and seat cover

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amigajoe

Allow me to be proactive and say this upfront - this car is a lease. In three years, if the government rebates are still around, I will almost certainly move to a new model, LEAF or otherwise. That said, I am not interested in investing as much as I normally would. (Our other car and our minivan have Wet Okole, and our minivan also has weathertech floor protection all over - point being that I'm not 'cheap', just don't want to invest in something I won't keep for a long time, as I I normally keep my cars 10yrs +)

So...

Hello all. Just took possession of my 2015 LEAF S w/charge package. Since our kid hauler (minivan) lives in the garage, and that's not gonna change, I need/want to protect my car.

1. Can I get some suggestions for 'generic' car covers that fit the LEAF well, please. I live in SoCal, so I'm looking primarily for protection from the sun, along with bird poop, very small branches, etc.

2. Same thing - suggestions for 'generic' seat covers that fit the best, preferably wet-suit type material. Concerned about them not impeding the airbags at all. Interested in front and rear.

I do apologize if there are threads about this but I couldn't really find anything.

Thanks !

You don't necessarily have to use a generic cover. Prius Gen III covers aren't expensive, and while I haven't gotten one yet I think it will fit the Leaf. The measurements are very close, with the Leaf being just slightly smaller than the Prius.

LeftieBiker said:
You don't necessarily have to use a generic cover. Prius Gen III covers aren't expensive, and while I haven't gotten one yet I think it will fit the Leaf. The measurements are very close, with the Leaf being just slightly smaller than the Prius.

I thought maybe a Prius would be a good fit, but I thought that still might be too expensive. I will look into it.

I've had these seat covers on my 2011 for the past 3 years with good results. They were mentioned by evnow in another thread from the 2011 timeframe. I even re-purposed the rear-seat (middle) headrest cover to cover the center console - it's worked out well. They're not super-high-quality, but I just wanted them to protect my light fabric seats from getting dirty.

A lot of early buyers went with Wet Okole covers, see this thread for details.

ahagge said:
I've had these seat covers on my 2011 for the past 3 years with good results. They were mentioned by evnow in another thread from the 2011 timeframe. I even re-purposed the rear-seat (middle) headrest cover to cover the center console - it's worked out well. They're not super-high-quality, but I just wanted them to protect my light fabric seats from getting dirty.

A lot of early buyers went with Wet Okole covers, see this thread for details.

Thanks for the link. I went ahead and ordered Wet Okole for the rear, since that's where most of the 'damage' is gonna get done (4 and 2yr olds). For the front I picked up some decent looking generic ones at Wallyworld (I really hate shopping there, but if it is something that I'm 50% likely to return I don't mind accepting their generous return policy). If they happen to be a good fit, or whatever I happen to end up with fits well, I'll post photos.

LeftieBiker said:
Did those cover outgas (smell) much, or for long? They look pretty good. I plan on leasing for several more years, and the OEM seat fabric is thin.
Nothing noticeable, nor for more than a couple of days, IIRC.

ahagge said:
LeftieBiker said:
Did those cover outgas (smell) much, or for long? They look pretty good. I plan on leasing for several more years, and the OEM seat fabric is thin.
Nothing noticeable, nor for more than a couple of days, IIRC.

Thanks. The reviews say it's pretty hard to install it, though, so I may buy locally so I can return anything that doesn't fit, smells bad, or is too hard to install.

Back