Survey from Morpace -- offering up to $550. Worth taking?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
My diary Power Point example only asks for hourly (car related) activities for one weekday. Of course, there are a lot of other pages, asking different questions.

Did you guys have to fill out diaries for several days?

If so, I get why they're paying less for my diary.

Just an hour-by-hour list of activity for one weekday and one weekend day. Plus the normal background stuff; other vehicles in the household; how you use the vehicle; etc..... I don't have it on this machine, but I think it was about a dozen pages in all.

I had to pass on that diary too. I'm so slammed this week, I just don't have enough time to finish it. And for $100? I can work a couple hours overtime and make that money. I find it odd they they'll pay you $200 to fill out a simple online survey and only $100 for this photo diary, which is pretty intrusive and takes hours to finish.

On the plus side.....they may be wondering "How low can we go?" on the diary exercise, and maybe not getting any takers will help them see the sense of a higher honorarium for it. Like Mallory just said, it does actually require more time and effort than the survey we had to take on location!

Yep, that is why I too passed. One hour at my regular freelance rate pays that much... And if I'm not going to take the time required to do it well, I'd rather not do it at all.

-Tom

malloryk said:
I had to pass on that diary too. I'm so slammed this week, I just don't have enough time to finish it. And for $100? I can work a couple hours overtime and make that money. I find it odd they they'll pay you $200 to fill out a simple online survey and only $100 for this photo diary, which is pretty intrusive and takes hours to finish.

If the $ is key and having done the diary in hindsight, I would not recommend doing it for $100. It is a pretty involved Graphic/Text PowerPoint presentation you are putting together. I know PP and it took me a long time... but then I love to change everything and don't like to quit after I start something.

TRONZ said:
If the $ is key and having done the diary in hindsight, I would not recommend doing it for $100. It is a pretty involved Graphic/Text PowerPoint presentation you are putting together. I know PP and it took me a long time... but then I love to change everything and don't like to quit after I start something.

I agree with everything you just said. :)

mwalsh said:
Boomer23 said:
Except they're only offering $100 for the diary. Did you guys get $200 for the same work? Equal work for equal pay, says I!

Not $200, $150.

It was $200 for the survey work and $200 for the extended panel discussion.

I guess I had that wrong. It was $200 for the diary and $150 for the extended discussion. Sorry about that. Even sorrier the rest of you guys weren't offered $200 for your dairy exercise. If you want to send me the blank copy, I'll tell you if it's the same one I filled out or an abbreviated version (hence less compensation) - [email protected]

malloryk said:

Try using their SLOW computers! Major pain!

EVDRIVER said:
malloryk said:

Try using their SLOW computers! Major pain!

I did, and it was. But it was low effort on my part and they paid $200 so it was ok. This diary thing, they want pictures of my home, my bedroom? It basically came down to either spending the day tomorrow at the beach with friends or indoors working on this thing. 78 degrees and sunny tomorrow? It was a pretty easy decision. ;)

malloryk said:
my bedroom

YOUR BEDROOM? I recall they only want to get pictures of your favorite place in the house and/or where you spend the most time. So you're saying that's your bedroom, huh? ;) Well, I'll just draw my own conclusions from that! :mrgreen: :shock: :lol:

BTW, thanks for forwarding the blank template to me. That is the same one we were asked to complete.

mwalsh said:
malloryk said:
my bedroom

YOUR BEDROOM? I recall they only want to get pictures of your favorite place in the house and/or where you spend the most time. So you're saying that's your bedroom, huh? ;) Well, I'll just draw my own conclusions from that! :mrgreen: :shock: :lol:

BTW, thanks for forwarding the blank template to me. That is the same one we were asked to complete.

Well it asks for pictures of "Your favorite place in your home," "your living room," "your garage" and "your room" which I'm assuming they mean bedroom. what did you interpret that as?

mogur said:
I'm not going to do something unless I can take the time to do it very well. Thus, for $100, it works out to about $10 an hour for my time, or even less... For that amount, I've decided to pass...

-Tom
+1

I went ahead and completed the diary, since I had the time available and I had most of the photos already in memory. It still took me about 5 hours.

I submitted the diary by last night's deadline. I had to compress the photos within Power Point for emailing, since my uncompressed file was 34 MB. It was about 6.5 MB with the pictures compressed.

So far, no confirming message to say that the diary was received by Morpace.

Back