Telematics Control Unit Not Turned on at Dealer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgrokkos

Picked up my 2013 Leaf SL 3 days ago, and slowly realized over the weekend that the dealer never turned on the Telematics Control Unit.

Won't be able to make it in for a few days to get that done. I'm modestly technically sophisticated, but not overly so. Is this something that I can do on my own?

Can anyone walk me through the steps - or is it something I have to go to the dealership to do?

I may be mistaken on this but I think you need to go to the Nissan owners portal and creat an account and it will ask you for your VIN and to create a username and PW. Then after a day or so when your acount is created they will send you a PW for your Carwings. It's pretty easy to do actually. Go to:
https://www.nissanusa.com/owners/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and click create account. Follow the instructions there.

Thanks for the feedback but it seems according to Nissan that something needs to physically be enabled in the car that turns on the signal receiving capabilities of the car. Right now, I get 'no signal'.

I have already created the account and recieved the Password. However the little car signal strength indicator shows grey, no matter where I am even in areas with a good ATT signal. The radio or cell phone or whatever it is in the car needs to get turned on. They didn't do that and its frustratingly going to require a service visit to do so.

Unless someone here can hopefully point me to a simple magic switch to turn it on.

The magic trick is returning to the dealer and having them turn it on. There is no alternative. Call the EV hotline and they will setup the appointment.

Hi,
Had my 2015 Leaf for 9 days now and am loving it!! Telematics isn't activated. It would be great if the dealer could activate it remotely. I'd appreciate it if anyone here could tell me if that's possible and if there are any instructions I need to provide the dealer with.
Thank you,
Don Weiser

Back