The EV Project Expands to Atlanta

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The map says they're free for everyone... But just like in TN, these chargers will not be free forever. I guess they'll start taking money next year.

The map says they're free for everyone... But just like in TN, these chargers will not be free forever. I guess they'll start taking money next year.
Who do you call for this project? I tried calling a number received at the dealership and the customer service rep said I did not qualify based on my zip code....30533....I was bummed

cracovian said:

Thanks, that's what I was wondering. Free is great but $1.50 an hour is worse than gas for my ICE. At 6.6kW it would be more reasonable. It's nice to have it in an emergency but I'd rather have something for everyday use.

gergg said:
Who do you call for this project? I tried calling a number received at the dealership and the customer service rep said I did not qualify based on my zip code....30533....I was bummed

SPX handles these installs for GA: http://www.pluginnow.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You indeed don't appear to be eligible but I'd register and/or give them a call to make sure.

bill said:
Thanks, that's what I was wondering. Free is great but $1.50 an hour is worse than gas for my ICE. At 6.6kW it would be more reasonable. It's nice to have it in an emergency but I'd rather have something for everyday use.

Obviously you should only use these if you really need the extra range.. otherwise you would be hogging a charger while another Leafer needs it bad, just as bad as an ICE car hogging the spot.

Herm said:
bill said:

Obviously you should only use these if you really need the extra range.. otherwise you would be hogging a charger while another Leafer needs it bad, just as bad as an ICE car hogging the spot.

There are four of them at Lenox, so it shouldn't be a problem. By your definition no Volts should ever use public stations since they're never in true need, yet they're "hogging" up the plugs all over the place. I just plug in whenever I can and make sure it always charges - that's the best we can do...

Back