The LEAF Wave

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Boomer23 said:
mwalsh said:
Man. Not exactly the "Colbert bump" for this idea on the 'Colbert Report' last night:

http://www.colbertnation.com/

:(

I thought it was hilarious.

My girlfriend is a huge Colbert fan, and shot me a link to that this morning. I literally laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. Colbert is one funny guy as long as you don't take him too seriously. :lol:

I loved it. My boss was in the audience last night and let me know about it this morning. Quote of the day:
"The grassroots, organic slow food, locavore types who buy electric cars love manufactured traditions created by the marketing wings of multinational corporations."

One of my friends on facebook replied to my Colbert post with "what is the hand signal for no charging stations here so we run out of charge at Target".

At least they are talking about electric cars. Progress.

In AZ land here, most windows are tinted pretty dark, so unless you bother rolling down the window for a wave, most likely the other driver won't fully see your wave nor will you see theirs from inside the tinted windows.

:D :lol:

Funny stuff.

I can see it now...

*Wave Wave Wave*

"Oops, that was a Versa."

DaveinOlyWA said:
dont know who it was and did not get a look at the driver either, but on the way home last night from work, a black Leaf was in the other lane and i missed it. they beeped at me and i barely got a glimpse of them. but now we have at least 3 Leafs in Oly. 2 i know about, the other i dont. if you are here sign up at the FB Olympia Nissan Leaf Owners site!!

I would like to sign up on the FB Olympia Nissan Leaf Owners site but how do you do that? I got my red leaf 6/1 and am loving it!!

Steve said:
bowthom said:
+1 on those Seattle drivers ;)
My personal theory is that the bad drivers are all depressed, cranky ex-Californians with Seasonal Affective Disorder. :)
Honestly, as bad as some of our drivers here are, Vancouver (the Canadian one) is worse. I swear the only time Canadians are allowed to show aggression is at hockey-related events... and when driving. I've never feared for my life quite the way I do when I'm on the Trans-Canada 1 between Vancouver and, say, Chilliwack after dark... or, god help me, on Vancouver Island.

Packet said:
Steve said:
bowthom said:
+1 on those Seattle drivers ;)
My personal theory is that the bad drivers are all depressed, cranky ex-Californians with Seasonal Affective Disorder. :)
Honestly, as bad as some of our drivers here are, Vancouver (the Canadian one) is worse. I swear the only time Canadians are allowed to show aggression is at hockey-related events... and when driving. I've never feared for my life quite the way I do when I'm on the Trans-Canada 1 between Vancouver and, say, Chilliwack after dark... or, god help me, on Vancouver Island.

nasty and unnecessary trashing of an entire people.
yea, just go online and trash them.
and feel good about it. :lol:

dillre1 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
dont know who it was and did not get a look at the driver either, but on the way home last night from work, a black Leaf was in the other lane and i missed it. they beeped at me and i barely got a glimpse of them. but now we have at least 3 Leafs in Oly. 2 i know about, the other i dont. if you are here sign up at the FB Olympia Nissan Leaf Owners site!!

I would like to sign up on the FB Olympia Nissan Leaf Owners site but how do you do that? I got my red leaf 6/1 and am loving it!!
Just go to facebook and do search for olympia nissan leaf owners and sign up. U b member #20.

Bring your friends. We need members!!

thankyouOB said:
Packet said:

Hey, I'm just saying, I think the bad driving isn't unique to Seattle; it's sort of weirdly endemic to the Cascadia region. Or at least as much of the Cascadia region as I routinely drive in; I don't drive in Portland enough to know if that extends through the /entire/ Cascadia region. :)

(And honestly, even my Vancouver friends who drive admit their traffic is worse than Seattle's!)

thankyouOB said:
Packet said:
Steve said:

I hope you're kidding.... Sheesh. :?

dillre1 said:
DaveinOlyWA said:

here is link

http://www.facebook.com/groups/162442713806531/?ap=1

I have waved at a few LEAF drivers the past few weeks. Haven't had one person return the wave. :( I guess the general LEAF owners are not that tight of a group after all. I would think they were probably not MNL members.

-Peter

Yes, I'd say less than 50 percent of the Leaf drivers I encounter have any response at all to my wave or toot...

prberg said:
I have waved at a few LEAF drivers the past few weeks. Haven't had one person return the wave. :( I guess the general LEAF owners are not that tight of a group after all.

TomT said:
Yes, I'd say less than 50 percent of the Leaf drivers I encounter have any response at all to my wave or toot...

prberg said:
I have waved at a few LEAF drivers the past few weeks. Haven't had one person return the wave. :( I guess the general LEAF owners are not that tight of a group after all.

only seen two other leafs on the road in five months. One went by me so fast, there was no chance.
the other was behind me at a light, and we waved hi.
he didnt look Canadian, though.

TomT said:
Generally when I encounter a LEAF on the road, they're ahead of me heading in the same direction; I suspect they don't see when I wave. I've always found other LEAF owners friendly when I do have a chance to talk to them (rolled down windows or seeing someone else in a parking lot).

Back