The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LEAFer said:
Now that the plate is here getting ready to mail in for ZEV Parking sticker and HOV lane sticker. :p
Oh ... and I forgot ... as I am downloading the forms ... Free Parking in downtown City parking garages ...

Quick links to the forms:

ZEV Parking Decal: http://dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg4048.pdf
HOV Lane Sticker: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/forms/reg/reg1000.pdf
Sac'to Parking: http://www.cityofsacramento.org/transportation/dot_media/parking_media/pdf/electric-vehicle-App.pdf

I got my Leaf last night. Driver wasn't too happy about delivering to a residential area and it wasn't until he got there that he told me they normally don't deliver to residential areas. Oops.

But its here and I finally get to update my own entry in the spreadsheet. :)

turbo2ltr said:
I got my Leaf last night. Driver wasn't too happy about delivering to a residential area and it wasn't until he got there that he told me they normally don't deliver to residential areas. Oops.

WTG!! i know not much evaluation time yet, but....

WHAT YA THINK??!!

LEAFer said:
California: Delivery Wednesday 1/19. Registration issued 1/27. Plates arrived Saturday 1/29 ! Fast.

No VIN in the DMV computer here either, and it'll be a month tomorrow for me. F**kin' DMV....either completely brilliant or completely useless. Why can't they just be consistently average! :?

I probably spent 2 hours sitting in the car playing with it. I can't believe how many options there are.

Technically the insurance didn't start until today (since I wasn't expecting it until today) so I only drove it around the block. It's going to very hard for me to stay out of the go pedal with all that low end torque. I'm really excited to see how it is to "live" with. I have to venture over to Scottsdale today to download data from the hybrid garbage truck (wish it had carwings!) so I planned the route on the carwings portal and sent it to the car. I'm eager to see how accurate the range estimation is with my driving style...or if my driving style changes because of it.

Going to stop at the store on the way to work to pick up a USB stick for my music..
And schedule the window tinter to come tint it.

turbo2ltr said:
Going to stop at the store on the way to work to pick up a USB stick for my music..
And schedule the window tinter to come tint it.

while you are there; do some cost comparisons for the SD card verses and i pod.

that is what i do when i think the Leaf is too expensive

I actually have a spare ipod that I got for signing up for a gym membership..neither of which I use. lol. But I don't want to give anyone a reason to break into the car. An inconspicuous $15 flash drive is a lot less enticing than a shiny ipod with it's "hey theres an ipod here" white cord.

turbo2ltr said:
I actually have a spare ipod that I got for signing up for a gym membership..neither of which I use. lol. But I don't want to give anyone a reason to break into the car. An inconspicuous $15 flash drive is a lot less enticing than a shiny ipod with it's "hey theres an ipod here" white cord.

LOL!! if they can "see" your flashdrive theft would not be my primary concern

turbo2ltr said:

LOL!! if they can "see" your flashdrive theft would not be my primary concern

mwalsh said:
LEAFer said:
California: Delivery Wednesday 1/19. Registration issued 1/27. Plates arrived Saturday 1/29 ! Fast.
No VIN in the DMV computer here either, and it'll be a month tomorrow for me. F**kin' DMV....either completely brilliant or completely useless. Why can't they just be consistently average! :?
Hmm ... our dealer charged us $29 extra for an electronic filing option with DMV. I wonder if that makes a difference. ( I don't know if they actually and really filed electronically or went the normal paperwork route ... but due to the speedy response I tend to think they really did rather than try to pocket an extra $29. ) Also ... I wonder if Lease versus purchase makes a difference .... with a Lessor involved ... could there be an extra "time is of the essence" motivation ?

LEAFer said:
mwalsh said:
LEAFer said:
Hmm ... our dealer charged us $29 extra for an electronic filing option with DMV. I wonder if that makes a difference. ( I don't know if they actually and really filed electronically or went the normal paperwork route ... but due to the speedy response I tend to think they really did rather than try to pocket an extra $29. ) Also ... I wonder if Lease versus purchase makes a difference .... with a Lessor involved ... could there be an extra "time is of the essence" motivation ?

I'm a purchase, and still no plate for me either. Will be a month on the 8th.

LEAFer said:
mwalsh said:
LEAFer said:

I received a check from my dealer the other day for $18. It was listed as a DMV overpayment, so +1 to Pacific Nissan for honesty!!

my state has a "law" guideline?? something about having them within 30 days. i have temp paper window thingy that expires April 2. so that would about 2½ months from Jan 18th...

Jimmydreams said:
I received a check from my dealer the other day for $18. It was listed as a DMV overpayment, so +1 to Pacific Nissan for honesty!!
Yeah, that's the difference in a few minor fees not required by CA DMV for EVs ... which the dealer's ICE-oriented software "can't handle" :lol:

If you go here: https://mv.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculatorWeb/newVehicleForm.do

Try entering two identical vehicles with the exception of "Motive Power" to compare "Gas" to "Electric".

Extras for GAS (at least in Sacramento County ... which is the only one I checked):
  • Current Smog High Polluter Repair Fee: 6.00
    Original Smog Abatement: 6.00
    Alt Fuel/Tech Smog Fee: 8.00

We got our $20 refund check from Dealer today :)

turbo2ltr said:

Cool. Finally.

BTW, you need to update your sig too :p

Back