The official "I got my Leaf" thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smkettner said:
They are just selling piece of mind. On average it is a financial loser for the consumer. Did the dealer honor your original RAQ price for the orphan?

Not exactly. I had originally ordered the SV model, but this was an SL model so it cost more money. They sold it at MSRP.

adric22 said:
smkettner said:
They are just selling piece of mind. On average it is a financial loser for the consumer. Did the dealer honor your original RAQ price for the orphan?

Not exactly. I had originally ordered the SV model, but this was an SL model so it cost more money. They sold it at MSRP.

WooHoo! Congrats. What color did you get? And what do you think so far?

Arlington -- the leaf captial of DFW!

adric22 said:
Good deal for being able to getting your car a bit sooner!

adric22 said:
Got mine yesterday! I think I'm the 2nd person in Dallas/Ft.Worth area to take delivery. I was also very lucky. I've been on the reservation list for over a year and my order had been changed to pending a few days ago. Then I started looking at a Chevy volt and by sheer coincidence ran into a person who said another Nissan dealer across town might have a leaf available. I called and they did, because the person who ordered it backed out. So I drove over to Dallas (I live in Ft.Worth) and bought it.

I think you are the 3rd or 4th. I also picked mine up yesterday... from your description, would you mind saying what dealership you ordered from? I had a very similar and very frustrating experience from Courtesy Nissan.

I think you are the 3rd or 4th. I also picked mine up yesterday... from your description, would you mind saying what dealership you ordered from? I had a very similar and very frustrating experience from Courtesy Nissan.

I bought it at Bankston Nissan off of 635 and Midway. I hope nobody gets mad at them because it turns out they have a waiting list there. What happened is that somebody backed out of the order and the internet sales guy was going to call the next person on the waiting list as soon as the vehicle was finished with the PDI (Pre-delivery inspection) but I called when he was not there and just talked to a regular salesman so they sold it to me.

So I feel sort of bad being that I cut in line, so to speak. But on the other hand, I've had an order in for such a vehicle for well over a year. So I don't feel too bad about it. Actually, I still have an active order at Don Davis Nissan in Arlington. Not sure what I'm going to do when they call me up (eventually) and tell me that my car has arrived. I might just buy it too.

FYI - If you are in DF/W then you should come to the meeting for the North Texas Electric Auto Association. The meeting is this Saturday I believe. There will surely be some Leafs there, although I may bring my PHEV Prius instead. Here is information about it:

http://www.nteaa.org/upcoming-events/

rawhog said:
Picked mine up yesterday from Nissan of Vacaville. The previous "Internet" sales person had taken a note to not install the front license plate bracket. Then she got fired. Amazingly enough, they couldn't find the paperwork/folder she had started. So, word did not make it to the shop in time. They mounted the damn thing. I had them take it back off. Wow! That's all I can say for the holes they made. Four holes total. 2ea 3/8" holes and 2ea 1" holes. I was a bit upset to put it mildly. But, to there credit. When I showed up in the afternoon to do the paperwork and take the car home. They stepped up to the plate. They comped me the 75mos/100kmiles security plus, they found me better financing than my credit union by 1%, and they put it writing that they will foot the bill to have the bumper repaired. Pretty awesome if you ask me. These guys at Nissan of Vacaville are great. Glad I picked them to buy my car.

So, I got a call a couple of minutes ago from the service manager at Nissan of Vacaville. Now the story changes. He tells me he is really sorry about the mistake with putting the holes in my bumper. I says"yea?" He tells me they have a new bumper in the body shop being painted. But, unfortunatley I will need to leave the car with him for a couple of days. But, they are giving me a loaner. I gotta say, these guys are doing me right. :D

Got my red Leaf today and am STOKED to have it. I took my normal commute path, drove her hard and brought her home to put in the garage and see what the charger can do!

My bitter next door neighbor stopped by and asked if it had an engine. I sad yes, it does.

adaminla said:
Got my red Leaf today and am STOKED to have it. I took my normal commute path, drove her hard and brought her home to put in the garage and see what the charger can do!

My bitter next door neighbor stopped by and asked if it had an engine. I sad yes, it does.

Congratulations !! Tell him its maintnence free engine.

Do you know if your car have the A/C fix ?

Received 7 day email April 7 and received phone call from Todd at Rairdon's Nissan on April 8 that Silver LEAF eTec had arrived. Car was delivered around 5PM while I waited for firmware update (HVAC fix beta according to the technician) was applied.

This is a fantastic car and all expectations have been met or exceeded so far.

Silver Leaf SL eTec #904 reserved 4/20
Sept order month, Oct 1, Order date
Rairdon Nissan of Auburn Washington
EvProject - Blink install Mar 23
Purchased/Delivered April 8, 2011

rawhog said:
Yes, the great state of Cali has said that you must have a front license plate. With that said, I don't like the look. 10 years of PT Cruising withou front plate. The law actually says words to the effect that the plate must be mounted where it is visible to law enforcement and the public. I plan on drilling a bunch of holes in the front plate so air can pass through it, trim down the height a bit. Then I'm going to squeeze it in to the "grill".
Curious. What grill w/ quotes is supposed to imply. It IS a real grill. If you dam it up partly with your altered license plate:

1) you'll decrease the ac condenser's efficiency
2) You will be subject to being ticketed
Altered License Plates

4464. No person shall display upon a vehicle a license plate altered from its original markings.
Added Ch. 1478, Stats. 1959. Effective September 18, 1959.
But hey . . . good luck with trying to get around that
:D

The Kirkland Bud is no more, Leafed out this evening :D . Picked up our blue ocean from Ray at Campbell Nelson and no surprises, lease rate was exactly as quoted so many months ago. Glad that our blue ocean beauty made it over the ocean blue before the earthquke made a mess of deliveries.

altered from its original markings

My idea will not alter the markings. I intend to drill holes in areas that do not have markings. The holes will allow the airflow to the a/c condenser. Amazingly enough, I took that into account. Are you really going to trip on the quote marks. Ok then. Just to make you happy. Grille. Feel better now?

khargreaves said:
I am supposedly getting my Blue Leaf today from Antioch Nissan in CA. Hope all goes well.
Good luck! But it doesn't sound like you'll really need it. Be sure to come back and tell us how it went, good or bad.

Picked up my Leaf saturday afternoon. It was one of 5 Leafs that arrived at my PD Friday and the only Red one of the bunch. Dealership experience was just OK. Was in and out in just over 2 hours. Took them two try's to get the purchase contract right as the first one they presented me showed full MSRP and not my quoted price I agreed to back in Janurary. Never actually got to meet Leon as he had left for the day so maybe that was the reason. Regardless, they fixed it. It helped that I had with me a printed copy of my quote. Car had 5 miles on it when I drove off the lot. Never even driven one until today. My first "new" car since 1994. The car is cool! Will be looking forward to my first drive to work Monday morning (46 mile roundtrip, mostly highway).

BrianSanDiego said:
Just sharing my experience. Please don't beat me up for being a line jumper.

I'm not going to beat you up, but to be absolutely fair, Nissan should have given your car to one of the Sept./Oct. orders and you should have had to wait your turn. Nuff said.

BrianSanDiego said:
Just sharing my experience. Please don't beat me up for being a line jumper.

Its not your fault, so enjoy your car. Congrats. :)...thanks for the heads-up on the quoted price.

Its annoying as hell seeing Nissan do this. Nissan's public affairs told me on Friday that 200 of the 800 cars have been fixed for A/C related problems and confirmed my VIN was not one of them, so I know my wait is going to be a lot longer. They said they will fix remaining 600 in next 48 hours (yeah right) and all the cars will be at the dealership by the end of the week (don't hold your breath).

Back