Think Nissan is going to extend the lease offer?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klayfish

As I'm doing my research into LEAF lease/ownership, I see that Nissan says the $199/month lease offer expires in early August. Any thoughts on if that will be extended? If not, I'll have to step up the pace.

Also, has anyone done an amoritization table after having owned/leased a LEAF and compared it to owning a gas powered car? I'd love to see one if someone doesn't mind sharing. I've done my own, based on hypotheticals, but to see a real world one would be great. Yes, I realize everyone's situation is different (avg fuel mileage, etc...), but would still be nice to see real data.

Klayfish said:
As I'm doing my research into LEAF lease/ownership, I see that Nissan says the $199/month lease offer expires in early August. Any thoughts on if that will be extended? If not, I'll have to step up the pace.

Also, has anyone done an amoritization table after having owned/leased a LEAF and compared it to owning a gas powered car? I'd love to see one if someone doesn't mind sharing. I've done my own, based on hypotheticals, but to see a real world one would be great. Yes, I realize everyone's situation is different (avg fuel mileage, etc...), but would still be nice to see real data.

Those lease offers expire at the end of the month... every month :)
Sure there's a chance they won't be back next month, but they've been running that deal for a while (February?) and it expires at the end or beginning of every month.

For the second part, where do you live? For me it was cheaper to get a LEAF than to put gas in a I car I already owned. However a good deal of that was the $5k tax rebate GA offers.

Klayfish said:
that deal is on a S model, considering that there aren't all that many S models out there I would say it is irrelevant if the deal is extended or not, it is a classic come on offer, it is useless if the product offered is unavailable and subjects the potential buyer to upselling

apvbguy said:
that deal is on a S model, considering that there aren't all that many S models out there I would say it is irrelevant if the deal is extended or not, it is a classic come on offer, it is useless if the product offered is unavailable and subjects the potential buyer to upselling

Perhaps, but that's where negotiation comes in. :twisted: Actually, I rarely buy from a dealer, but if I'm leasing I obviously have no choice (I've never leased before). If my local dealer won't play ball, I have no doubt I can find one that will...I could get my car clear across the state, not a big deal.

sublime,
I live in PA. State offers $3500 incentive, but only if I buy, not if I lease.

Sublime said:
Klayfish said:
As I'm doing my research into LEAF lease/ownership, I see that Nissan says the $199/month lease offer expires in early August. Any thoughts on if that will be extended?

Those lease offers expire at the end of the month... every month :)

That lease offer has been around since late last year. The only thing that has changed is that it went from the SV model for MY 2012 (which was that year's base model) to the S for MY 2013.

Even if it does expire next month, there several folks who have gotten superior deals than what Nissan is offering on their website.

Back