Three beeps and a tall, skinny yellow warning light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnhmoore

2023 Leaf SV Plus

Have had this happen three times now in the past two weeks.

The car will beep three times and flash a tall, skinny yellow warning light kind of in the middle of the dash. Then the light disappears. It's way to quick for me to get a picture of it.

I've looked in the manual, and this light is not in the manual.

Nothing appears to be wrong with the car when it happens. I'm not approaching another vehicle or person or anything... just driving along. The time yesterday and the time this morning, there were no other vehicles or people even on the same road. The performance of the car didn't change in any way.

The yellow symbol is fairly skinny side-to-side and looks to have a couple slightly wider bumps along it.

Anyone know what this is??

I’ve had someone of a similar issue, although it’s the three charge lights on the dash that beep at me and flash when I plug my level to charger in. Does this happen when you plug the level two charger in?

I’ve had someone of a similar issue, although it’s the three charge lights on the dash that beep at me and flash when I plug my level to charger in. Does this happen when you plug the level two charger in?
What you describe (if I understand correctly what you are describing) is normal "ready to charge" indication. Read the owners manual, it will cover what happens when you plug in.
As to the 1st poster, we'll need more info, but sound like the problem goes away in a few seconds?

2023 Leaf SV Plus

Have had this happen three times now in the past two weeks.

The car will beep three times and flash a tall, skinny yellow warning light kind of in the middle of the dash. Then the light disappears. It's way to quick for me to get a picture of it.

I've looked in the manual, and this light is not in the manual.

Nothing appears to be wrong with the car when it happens. I'm not approaching another vehicle or person or anything... just driving along. The time yesterday and the time this morning, there were no other vehicles or people even on the same road. The performance of the car didn't change in any way.

The yellow symbol is fairly skinny side-to-side and looks to have a couple slightly wider bumps along it.

Anyone know what this is??
That has to be the crash warning system. Unless one of the sensors in the front is damaged, you will see that happen if you are following a car and they make a turn in which your Leaf is going to pass close by the back of their car. You can try to duplicate this by just doing a dangerously close stop behind another car to see if it is the same warning (not recommended), and then you have a parking lot with some walls you can test with. The easiest thing to test with is a big cardboard box that you can purposely run into without damaging your vehicle to test it.

That has to be the crash warning system. Unless one of the sensors in the front is damaged, you will see that happen if you are following a car and they make a turn in which your Leaf is going to pass close by the back of their car. You can try to duplicate this by just doing a dangerously close stop behind another car to see if it is the same warning (not recommended), and then you have a parking lot with some walls you can test with. The easiest thing to test with is a big cardboard box that you can purposely run into without damaging your vehicle to test it.
I think your right about the skinny yellow light being part of the crash warning system. I think the sensors can be triggered by many things and can be a bit of a driving distraction at usually the worst times.

Might it be the lane shift warning? It beeps and flashes some yellow lane-marker lines if you drift over a painted line without signaling. I leave mine on to warn me if I’m getting drowsy. But it can be disabled.

The pedestrian / vehicle in-front warning on my 2018 SV primarily displays a red flash warning on the left dash screen, and has sharp beeps. I understand the 3 blue lights in the dash are for the power & charge system?
If this isnt happening it sounds more like a charger fault, not the front radar. Plus it was mentioned there was nothing in front of the car "I'm not approaching another vehicle or person or anything... just driving along."

1706972073978.png

Last edited:
Back