Timer set to 80%, car charging to 100%. What is the error?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimSouCal

This seems like a dumb noobie question but I have to ask it...

For the last two times charging, I wake up and the LEAF is at 100%, even though the charging timer is enabled. I made sure last night that the time was indeed enabled and set to 80%.

Any ideas? This is something new. For what it is worth, recently I disabled the time to get to 100, but that is rare.... Thanks for any solution or suggestions...

Jim

If you could post a photo or two of the LEAF timer screens and your settings, we should be able to figure it out...

JimSouCal said:
This seems like a dumb noobie question but I have to ask it...

For the last two times charging, I wake up and the LEAF is at 100%, even though the charging timer is enabled. I made sure last night that the time was indeed enabled and set to 80%.

Any ideas? This is something new. For what it is worth, recently I disabled the time to get to 100, but that is rare.... Thanks for any solution or suggestions...

Jim
I'd suggest double-checking the two timers to see if one is active to 100% for the day(s) in question. Setting only the end time can also confuse things because you might plug it in today, but the car will charge tomorrow. Other than a timer setting to 100%, the only other way to get 100% is to press the timer override button which immediately starts the charging when you plug the car in. Of course, none of us here on MNL have ever accidentally done that ourselves :oops: , but we've heard rumors. . . :lol:

HighDesertDriver said:
Other than a timer setting to 100%, the only other way to get 100% is to press the timer override button which immediately starts the charging when you plug the car in. Of course, none of us here on MNL have ever accidentally done that ourselves :oops: , but we've heard rumors. . . :lol:
Pressing the timer override is the most likely as I did press it last night and the prior night, even though the timer appears to be properly set.

The error seems to be the nut behind the wheel (however, I really would just like to be able to a master to charge to a --% as a default but that is another story).

THANKS to everyone for the help and possible solutions... Stand by for likely confirmation Monday.

:oops: UPDATE charging to 80% on timer again, so maybe I did press the timer over ride button... Case closed.

Back