Top ten Nissan LEAF dealers in the U.S.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVDRIVER said:
Why does anyone care what dealer sells the most or least? What's the point of who is 1 or 100, it makes no difference to me only to their bottom line.
It sounds like simple curiosity, considering one of the dealers already 'put it out there' that they were #2. Therefore, idle curiousity causes one to ask "So, who's #1, #3, etc., ...." Seems like a legitimate follow-up question. As much as "Who cares?" could be a legitimate response. ;)

EVDRIVER said:
Why does anyone care what dealer sells the most or least? What's the point of who is 1 or 100, it makes no difference to me only to their bottom line.

LOL!!

EVERYONE CARES thats who!!

we have BIG businesses whose sole purpose on this Earth is to make those lists!

think about it. every entity that provides an opinion, a review, a rating, is essentially creating a list.

why does Nielsons make millions?? all they do is tally who watches what. they are among hundreds of thousands of companies that do essentially the same thing. and dont think for a second that the shows on that list does not care

its like saying i dont care that my fave baseball player is batting .250 and the other guy is batting .300, its only a number....well brother, if that is how you really feel, you definitely have plenty of room

deetime7767 said:
What if...a dealer had 40+ 'confirmed orders' and another (33) awaiting their 'go-ahead-greenlight' from Nissan to RAQ? What would that say, or rank them??

Well, I guess they only count confirmed orders.

EVDRIVER said:
Perhaps it makes no difference to you personally, but it makes a lot of difference to the vast majority of consumers. There are a lot of books on Marketing and Positioning which describe why it's so important. Basically marketing battles are fought in the mind of the consumer. Consumers choose the #1 brand because they assume it must be #1 for a reason. They use such data points as short hand to make buying decisions. When new markets open up skillful business strategist try to garner market share ASAP. This is because early on it's far less expensive to get attention and sales. Later, as the market matures, gaining market share can be very expensive and often prohibitively expensive.

indyflick said:
EVDRIVER said:
Perhaps it makes no difference to you personally, but it makes a lot of difference to the vast majority of consumers. There are a lot of books on Marketing and Positioning which describe why it's so important. Basically marketing battles are fought in the mind of the consumer. Consumers choose the #1 brand because they assume it must be #1 for a reason. They use such data points as short hand to make buying decisions. When new markets open up skillful business strategist try to garner market share ASAP. This is because early on it's far less expensive to get attention and sales. Later, as the market matures, gaining market share can be very expensive and often prohibitively expensive.

Many people could care less and just as many leaf buyers could care less about this forum, everyone does not care. Yes, the dealers use this to market cars but being number one in orders means nothing to many people, being the number one rated dealer based on useful metrics like customer satisfaction is useful. Either way dealers use this info to market to consumers, smart consumers don't choose dealers by the number of cars they sell, in fact some of the top motorcycle dealers in volume in LA are the worst dealers to deal with, real pond scum with huge fancy stores. Thank you for the marketing lesson though, not sure how I made it through all those years as a marketing VP for a fortune 50 company not knowing all those juicy number secrets:) There are many ways to call yourself number one as well.

^ Agreed. So someone is #1 in sales - that doesn't mean everything. How is their after-sales service? Are they knowledgeable? Do they treat their customers with respect? Why are they #1 in sales? Is it because they're a huge mega-dealer or do they offer the best price or are they spending lots on advertising? People should ask these questions but I guess just being able to call yourself #1 has a lot of influence. Which makes it all the more ironic that we don't know who the "#1 Leaf dealer" is :lol:

(Of course, for me the #1 Leaf dealer is the one I ordered from)

I can say Boardwalk Nissan seems to be very engaged with EV buyers and the pre-sale service has been very good as well. Realistically, numbers mean nothing, customer reviews and referrals are much more effective.

Actually numbers in both the short term and long term mean everything...as long as the dealer does a good job, they will get referrals.

Hard to get good word of mouth and many referrals if you don't have any sales.

So you need both initial sales, then good customer service and prices, and then you get long term sales. Without early sales, you get less later sales. Less later sales and you have a hard time long term.

But the people trying hard to get good early numbers are pretty smart.

Though of course location location location...New Mexico is never going to lead in sales, if they ever get sales, because of the smaller population.

Now who is number one?? Someone in So Cal? Someone in Seattle?

Gavin

EVDRIVER said:
I can say Boardwalk Nissan seems to be very engaged with EV buyers and the pre-sale service has been very good as well. Realistically, numbers mean nothing, customer reviews and referrals are much more effective.
Thank you sir, even if I do still owe you lunch. :lol: :lol:

indyflick said:
So can you provide the other nine rankings?

Sadly no. North Bay and Fontana would be my guess for 1 or 3, and after that I don't know. Nissan isn't supposed to be updating us.

deetime7767 said:
evnow said:
BrendanDolan said:
Nissan North America isn't terribly happy with us advertising this, but hey, we want people to contact us, as there are some specific reasons why we've processed so many orders.
So, how did you find out you are #2 (and who is #1) ?
What if...a dealer had 40+ 'confirmed orders' and another (33) awaiting their 'go-ahead-greenlight' from Nissan to RAQ? What would that say, or rank them??

What would I say? Keep up the good work! :D Per where that is in the top ten, I have no clue. I was only told where I was at.

tps said:
evnow said:
"Nr 6: Who is Number 1?
Nr 2: You are Number 6.
Nr 6: I am not a number. I am a free man!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just really fired up about the LEAF, and want to make sure people get the best experience they can. To be candid, this site outranks mine for general LEAF search terms, so a banner here is a great referral to my site. So while it helps to keep the forum free for the normal users, it also lets the new guys referred by google know my dealers name. If anyone doesn't want to see it, pay the $10! While I'm the first ad, I know there will be more on the way as this forum gets more and more popular.

tps said:
evnow said:

I think the VAST majority missed the excellent "prisoner" reference (Patrick McGoohan), I did not.

Sigh. I AM an old codger.

mitch672 said:
tps said:
evnow said:

I think the VAST majority missed the excellent "prisoner" reference (Patrick McGoohan), I did not.

Sigh. I AM an old codger.

Truth be told I skimmed right past it, then thought wait a minute, I know that. Then I remembered a family member of mine loved that show, and I remember that from my childhood (I'm only 27 so I wasn't around for the original broadcasts).

I loved Rover. :lol:

Back