Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I on the other had got this email few hours ago.

"xxxxxx, like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last week. As a result of those events, there will be some fluctuation in the estimated delivery date of your Nissan LEAF™ while we evaluate the impact of the earthquake and prepare to resume shipping. We will refresh your "my account" page with updates on your vehicle's delivery schedule as they become available."

Does not give me warm and fuzzy feeling inside.

pksd1,

At least you have a VIN! I think that means your car is in the US. This message is probably a mistake.

Andromeda Spirit due in at 5pm now:
Destination: L.A. CA.
ETA: 2011-03-22 17:00

JimK said:
pksd1,

At least you have a VIN! I think that means your car is in the US. This message is probably a mistake.

I cannot even fathom that pksd1's e-mail is anything but a mistake.

Also, I am not sure if the 17:00 is PST or UTC. If UTC, and if i am reading the conversion chart correctly, 17:00 UTC would be 9:00am Pacific.

Beachcliffs said:
JimK said:
pksd1,

I cannot even fathom that pksd1's e-mail is anything but a mistake.

Also, I am not sure if the 17:00 is PST or UTC. If UTC, and if i am reading the conversion chart correctly, 17:00 UTC would be 9:00am Pacific.

Lack of information and misinformation is how Nissan runs business, so I think its a mistake also. My PD told me everything is fine and I should get my car shortly. I hope I get it before 28th as I myself might be on a ship for two weeks then. :|

Beachcliffs said:
All times on marinetraffic.com appear to be in UTC, so cars are likely to be unloaded by the end of the 22nd local time, depending on how many cars are on it.

DrPowell said:
A bit worrisome that the last report from Luna Spirit happened the day of the quake, as it was leaving Yokohama, just a few hours before.
No, that's completely normal. Ship tracking only works when the ships are near shore and available AIS receivers.

tbleakne said:
When the ships stop in Tacoma, WA or other US west-coast ports, that is not Leaf-related, right ? All Leafs for the US are processed through Long Beach ?
As far as we know at this time, yes. All Leafs currently go through Long Beach.

Beachcliffs said:
Let the fun begin!
23 more hours before it's ETA in Long Beach. We should start seeing reports of Carwings opening up a couple days later if it has Leafs on it. By then, the Luna Spirit should be ready to dock as the Andromeda Spirit should be on it's way back to Yokohama.

* waves vaguely toward the west as the ship passes SF *

Okay, the coolest thing about joining those forums has been discovering that you could do a lot of these things (tracking cargo ships? Coooool). It's also looking like I may have slipped into this shipment (knocks on wood).

I agree that knowing where the car is in the process doesn't get it here any faster, but it does help to make it a lot less like vapor.

~Y~
Ordered 9/29/2010 4:13PM (PDT)*
Delivery - April 2011

*Received "You can now RAQ..." e-mail at 3:08 PM the same day.

Yohannon said:
* waves vaguely toward the west as the ship passes SF *

Okay, the coolest thing about joining those forums has been discovering that you could do a lot of these things (tracking cargo ships? Coooool).

OK all you hippies in Santa Cruz, your turn to wave as the Andromeda Spirit cruises by! :p

Yep, joining this site has proven to be quite the eye opening experience on many different levels (some good, some not so good). :D :eek: :shock: :?

lonndoggie said:
drees said:
Some of the crew getting in a little tow-in surf at Mavericks, perhaps.

Well, she's now past the Monterey Bay.

@Beachcliffs: I know what you mean. One of the bummers of being an early adopter is that you "get" to help shake out all the design flaws, gotchas, and just plain bad luck. The larger the corporation, the worse this can get as miscommunication between divisions is a given. I count myself fortunate to be in a position to be able to wait it out as the gas prices tick upward. :shock:

I've put together links with what I believe to be Nissan ports in Yokohama and Long Beach. I'm fairly certain that the North port is the one used for loading Leafs as all ships that have been to Long Beach have been to that one. Can be handy for spotting other ships going in/out of Nissan's ports - just zoom in closer to get more detail.

Also updated the destination of the known ships that may carry Leafs. Andromeda Spirit should be in Long Beach before 12pm Pacific the 22nd.

Yokohama North
Yokohama South
Long Beach

Luna Spirit - Last in Long Beach: 2/19 - Dest: Long Beach eta 3/24
Andromeda Spirit - Last in Long Beach: 2/18 - Dest: Long Beach eta 3/22
Bergamot Ace - Last in Long Beach: 3/17 - Dest: Yokohama eta 3/30
Hoegh Inchon - Last in Long Beach: 3/6 - Dest: Yokohama eta 3/23
United Spirit - Last in Long Beach: 3/13 - Dest: Yokohama eta 3/31
City of Oslo - Inactive

Does anyone know if LEAF's were off loaded in Vancouver Canada? A day after the Andromeda Spirit arrived in Vancouver my delivery date changed from May to week of April 29th and I received a VIN# of 1974. My customer portal is also open now. I'm in Oregon so I thought perhaps some of the Pacific Northwest LEAF's are being shipped from Canada because of the closer transport distance. Just curious.

Looks like Luna Spirit is just ahead of the Andromeda Spirit. Both should arrive today. There are going to be a lot of Nissan's unloaded soon. Hope many of them are LEAFs!

drees said:

Actually, it appears that the Luna Spirit has overtaken the Andromeda Spirit and is now due to arrive in Long Beach at around 11 AM PDT. I love it...a 500,000 ton horse race...pick your mount and root! :lol:

ahagge said:
drees said:

Actually, it appears that the Luna Spirit has overtaken the Andromeda Spirit and is now due to arrive in Long Beach at around 11 AM PDT. I love it...a 500,000 ton horse race...pick your mount and root! :lol:

If the "Distance to" feature is at all accurate, it looks like Luna Spirit (currently cruising at 16-17 knots) will arrive at about 1pm with Andromeda Spirit (13-14 knots) at around 3:30pm

9:30 Update: Andromeda now travelling at 16+ knots while Luna has slowed to 11+ knots. Now it looks like they might arrive within an hour of one another.

According to Marinetraffic.com the Andromeda Spirit ETA is 17:00 (UTC), while the Luna Spirit is 18:00 (UTC). Does anyone know how accurate the ETA's are? Or if the ships are sequenced into port based on scheduling, so the Luna Spirit may arrive early, but will have to wait its turn to dock.

Back