Tracking ships !

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the latest Nissan press release it looks like the Hoegh Inchon does indeed have LEAFs on it - the PR says ETA April 27 and I'd expect the Hoegh Inchon to get to Long Beach around that time. It's currently headed for Richmond, CA, should be there tomorrow. (latest Tracking Ships! post in my sig is updated as usual).

Have not seen any other ships that travel to Long Beach at the Oppama port since the Hoegh Inchon on the 30th. Production must be going very slowly. I will estimate that the next ship after the Hoegh Inchon carrying LEAFs will not arrive until late May at the earliest (month of July orders, perhaps?) - but hopefully it will have a lot of LEAFs on it.

I suspect the Hoegh Inchon will satisfy all the month of June orders who didn't get bumped up recently.

drees said:
The Hoegh Inchon is currently in Portland (after stopping in Tacoma and Vancouver) dropping of cars. Will head to Long Beach next? It was docked in Oppama on March 30th...

Any chance she is delivering Leafs to us in the great NW? I've driven by the docks outside of Portland, and yes, they do off-load cars there. However, Google maps indicates that Toyota Logistic Services is nearby.

Reddy....
and waiting for my new Nissan Leaf

Reddy said:
drees said:
The Hoegh Inchon is currently in Portland (after stopping in Tacoma and Vancouver) dropping of cars. Will head to Long Beach next? It was docked in Oppama on March 30th...

Any chance she is delivering Leafs to us in the great NW? I've driven by the docks outside of Portland, and yes, they do off-load cars there. However, Google maps indicates that Toyota Logistic Services is nearby.

Reddy....
and waiting for my new Nissan Leaf

My understanding is that all Leafs are dropped off and prepped for delivery in Long Beach regardless of their delivery location. So drees note that the ship is woking its way south and looking to arrive in Long Beach on the same day as the press release indicates is a strong indicator that that ship has the goods!

i happened to be setting up my telescope when i noticed a ship out in the bay...

pretty sure this is the inchon, leaving richmond for long beach!

Z9bae.jpg

sorry for the weird rotation/crop/vignetting, that's the way it goes with an astronomical telescope :)

astrorob said:
Sure is!

Except that the Hoegh Inchon is heading for San Diego next (eta 4/23), not Long Beach. Assuming it heads to Long Beach after that, it should get there on the 27th as scheduled and noted in Nissan's last press release.

drees said:
astrorob said:
Sure is!

Except that the Hoegh Inchon is heading for San Diego next (eta 4/23), not Long Beach. Assuming it heads to Long Beach after that, it should get there on the 27th as scheduled and noted in Nissan's last press release.

whoops, okay. didn't realize it was going to san diego first. kind of strange since they'll be back-tracking, but logistics is as logistics does, i suppose.

anyway it was pure serendipity; i just looked out there and there it was. the effective focal length here is 1,260mm.

jcodeglia said:
MaryC said:
The Hoegh Inchon is sitting at the Nissan dock in LA.

Gimme gimme gimme gimme! :D

You need to buy some lottery tickets! You may be about to win the lottery on the shortest vehicle order to delivery contest on the Nissan Leaf order snafu.
Buy tickets now while your luck is hot!

Do you have a VIN on owners site or Carwings open yet?

I have VIN 2026 manufactured on 03-10-2011 and think it is likely on the Hoegh Inchon, as unlikely it made it onto the the Luna Spirit on the same day it was manufactured.

VIN 2021 was delivered to dealer on 04-13-2011 and to purchaser on 04-19-2011, that's the highest delivered VIN on the spreadsheet. But not sure the VINs and manufacture dates are in alignment, as VIN 1436 was manufactured on 03-05-2011 and 1467 was manufactured on 03-07-2011. (Info from June 2011 Delivery topic)

TimLee said:
Do you have a VIN on owners site or Carwings open yet?

I don't have either yet. Just a "Month of May" since February. No complaints here. If I get mine in May I'd be suuuuper lucky compared to others...

The Hoegh Inchon has moved away from the main unloading spot and is docked in an area that doesn't appear to be used for unloading/prepping cars.

The Andromeda Spirit is currently docked at Oppama after drifting a while, presumably loading up LEAFs and other Nissans.

I hope so. I am soooo tired of waiting for my June (originally April, then May, then Pending) Leaf. I fought against my HOA for years to get solar on my townhome - that was finally completed 2 weeks ago and I ready for that electric car :)

mzwibel said:
I hope so. I am soooo tired of waiting for my June (originally April, then May, then Pending) Leaf. I fought against my HOA for years to get solar on my townhome - that was finally completed 2 weeks ago and I ready for that electric car :)

You had to fight with your HOA? You must be in a state that hasn't told HOAs to butt out. Here, they have been put in their place when our state passed legislation allowing PVs and any other solar device such as solar screens. I didn't even have to get permission to do it. :mrgreen:

Back