Trip meters A & B

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryjpowell

In my old car I used the trip meters to figure out my MPG. Resetting them when I filled up and diligently dividing the miles by the gallons I pumped into the tank.

So on day 4 of my Leaf driving I was staring at the A mileage and wondering what the heck do I do with these two functions now?

Anyone have a idea for their use?

harryjpowell said:
In my old car I used the trip meters to figure out my MPG. Resetting them when I filled up and diligently dividing the miles by the gallons I pumped into the tank.

So on day 4 of my Leaf driving I was staring at the A mileage and wondering what the heck do I do with these two functions now?

I use them to measure miles in Low Battery Warning and subsequently Very Low Battery warning.

Reset at each event.

I use it to check how accurate the range estimate is. You probably already guessed the punchline .... It's about as good as random number generator.

harryjpowell said:

davewill said:
You can use them to calculate miles per kWh from the wall if you have a way to measure wall output to your EVSE.

no problem on that !!

2011-11-15_07-10-04_896.jpg

I reset Trip A each time it's charged. Which for an EV is almost always the same as once a day. So I see how far I drove on each charge. Or how far I drove that day.

Back