Troubleshooting New AV EVSE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeS

Hey Guys,

Installed the EVSE this AM. Power Light on, ready to charge on, vehicle connected comes on, NO trouble light. However, when I connect my 13 SL, all three lights on the dashboard flash TOGETHER accompanied by BEEP BEEP BEEP, pause, BEEP BEEP BEEP. Keeps going.

The Manual for the car says that the connector is not plugged in properly when you hear repeated beeps like this...however, it appears to be.

Charged all over town on Level II with no problems and have been charging on Level I since we got it a few months ago.

Any Ideas. Called AV this afternoon and they were little help.

Also we hooked it up with an 8 Gauge 4 wire, perhaps it should have been 3 wire. That said, the EVSE would probably show a trouble code. Me thinks its the car and the J1772 plug.

So there appears to be a problem with the J1772 handle. When the AV EVSE is powered off and the J1772 handle is connected, the car still freaks outs. I've got a call into the EV Mobile Charging Solutions, LLC (bought off Ebay).

I bought a Clipper Creek L-1 unit from Ebay. The charge plug had been replaced with a J-1772 and it had been wired incorrectly. Same symptoms as yours. Try turning off all charge timers - that let me charge. Clipper Creek fixed it for free for me, even though it wasn't their mistake, but they probably won't keep fixing them. In your case get the seller to repair or refund.

You have a handle related issue on t the proximity likely, this is indicated by a ready light on the EVSe and three blinking blue on the car. The car thinks it is not plugged in.

Back