Using clone ELM327 Bluetooth OBDII adapter with Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Turbo3 said:
garsh said:
vrwl said:
Seems like noone cares to adjust sensors as it is pretty tedious...
Someone described a way to do so without any special tools.
If I find time this weekend, I'm going to give it a try.
If people are interested I could add the "offical" way into the app. Same as the link but you would not need to touch the wiring. The app would put the TPMS in the correct modes. You just need to set the different tire pressures and drive the car.

Anything that doesn't require wiring modifications would be greatly appreciated. :)

If this tool can read and set the TPS IDs via the OBD port, then
we should be able to log its operation, and then with the benefit
of the newly discovered messages, decode them and add the
whole tire pressure sensor changing function to "The App", right?

Or,... In theory?

garsh said:
vrwl said:
Seems like noone cares to adjust sensors as it is pretty tedious...
Someone described a way to do so without any special tools.
If I find time this weekend, I'm going to give it a try.

That quote was attributed to me but I didn't say it, UkrainianKozak did. I have no clue if it's tedious or not because I have no understanding of how to accomplish the adjustment of the sensors. :)

Using m1, the App doesn't dim when headlights are turned on. And is the green 'Connect' supposed to blink? I believe the past ones stayed solidly still. Also where is the.ambient (inside temp?) displayed? I don't see it. I have Kyocera eVent with stubby.

LEAFfan said:
Using m1, the App doesn't dim when headlights are turned on. And is the green 'Connect' supposed to blink? I believe the past ones stayed solidly still. Also where is the.ambient (inside temp?) displayed? I don't see it. I have Kyocera eVent with stubby.
Dimming does not seem to work on screen 3. Works only on screens 1,2 and 4 for now. I will need to look into that.

The ambient temp (A/C inlet air temp) is with the battery temps in a smaller font in lower right area below battery average temp number.

There is no blink function for Connect. Is it switching between green and yellow?

My test phone is the Kyocera eVent.

itsu.png

Turbo3 said:
LEAFfan said:
Dimming does not seem to work on screen 3. Works only on screens 1,2 and 4 for now. I will need to look into that.

The ambient temp (A/C inlet air temp) is with the battery temps in a smaller font in lower right area below battery average temp number.

There is no blink function for Connect. Is it switching between green and yellow?

itsu.png
Turbo3 said:
LEAFfan said:

itsu.png

Flickering is a better description. It flickers with yellow behind the green.

0.26c did not work for me with either of my phones (Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC EVO 3D). It would not connect to the ELM. A friend had 0.26k and that worked fine. I went back to 0.25 and all worked fine. Not complaining, just informing.

Go to the Settings/Screen panel and uncheck "Hide Connect Sts". Then in landscape mode get the app into the flicker mode and tell me what text/numbers you see in the status window. Does this happen on all screens?

You can also take an ELM trace later and send it to me. Go to Settings/Debug and check "Trace ELM". Then exit app and restart. You will see the flashing message "Logging ELM". Get the app into the flicking mode for about ten seconds then exit app. Send me the TRCdata.txt located in LEAF_BT_CAN folder.

patrick0101 said:
0.26c did not work for me with either of my phones (Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC EVO 3D). It would not connect to the ELM. A friend had 0.26k and that worked fine. I went back to 0.25 and all worked fine. Not complaining, just informing.
Version "k" is garbage and was only for testing the red marker. All copies should be deleted not passed around.

You should have reported this when it happened on 0.26c and then I would have asked you to take an ELM Trace so I could find the problem.

Turbo3 said:
If people are interested I could add the "offical" way into the app. Same as the link but you would not need to touch the wiring. The app would put the TPMS in the correct modes. You just need to set the different tire pressures and drive the car.
Yes, that would be awesome!

Using v.26m1 the IAT doesn't show with either sensor setting. Nothing on all three and ** on m/a/h. I've also noticed that tire pressures no longer work.

LEAFfan said:
Using v.26m1 the IAT doesn't show with either sensor setting. Nothing on all three and ** on m/a/h. I've also noticed that tire pressures no longer work.
Not sure I understand any of this. An ELM Trace would really help.

What is "IAT", what sensor settings, what is "m/a/h"?

Turbo3 said:
LEAFfan said:
Not sure I understand any of this. An ELM Trace would really help.

What is "IAT", what sensor settings, what is "m/a/h"?

Interior ambient temp doesn't show under either temp sensor setting. If u set it to read l/h/a two ** show below instead.of temp.

LEAFfan said:
Oh, ok. Is it possible to have it with the all 3-4 sensors setting?
If I can find room I can added it.

However, I am in the middle of learning the TPMS registration procedure so we can get the correct mapping of pressure readings to tire location.

So far I have managed to unregister all my tires so I get no reading at all. Hopefully I can get them reregistered in the correct order.

If I can find room I can added it.

However, I am in the middle of learning the TPMS registration procedure so we can get the correct mapping of pressure readings to tire location.

So far I have managed to unregister all my tires so I get no reading at all. Hopefully I can get them reregistered in the correct order.

That would be great ... hope it works out.

On another topic, would it be possible for your app to override the phone's font size setting? I'd like to leave the phone on "large fonts" but not mess up your display.

-Michael

Was able to get my tires' re-registered. I had to modify the app to swap the bottom two (rear tire) numbers because the current app "m2" has them backwards Left<=>Right (actually all versions).

This screen shows the tire pressure order after the re-registration. The manual says they should be 35,32,29,26 psi. Before re-registration my Leaf had the top and bottom numbers swapped due to tire rotation. The order is clockwise starting with front left => front right => back right => back left and you should have around a 9 psi difference.

nrtz.png

I will probably enforce that the pressures be around these values (9 PSI difference) before I allow the registration process. Otherwise you can end up unregistering all your tires and get no pressures and the warning light will stay ON. Don't want a bunch of people going to Nissan service with all their TPMSs unregistered.

I might need a few people who are willing to take a risk to test this function once I have it included in the app.

Back