Ventura Harbor (Village?) Blinks.. are they working?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JasonA

Has anybody tried these recently? I have a friend with a 500e who's going there next Friday and will need to charge there. Conflicting reports on PS.

Thanks!

Plugshare seems to be saying one is working, though someone is complaining about their card not working with it.

I've used the ones by the pier (Ventura Promenade Parking) over near California Street recently, and they all work great. They are ChargePoint chargers, and located outside of the parking lot… so you don't pay parking fees when you use them -- only charging fees.

JasonA said:
Has anybody tried these recently? I have a friend with a 500e who's going there next Friday and will need to charge there. Conflicting reports on PS.

Thanks!
They are not working. Just tried both. Left unit will not read Blink card, right unit will not pass self test. I'm going to call in and open service tickets.

KeiJidosha said:
JasonA said:

Thanks!
They are not working. Just tried both. Left unit will not read Blink card, right unit will not pass self test. I'm going to call in and open service tickets.
Let us know how that goes. My experience with CCGI is about the same as it was with Ecotality - they can sit on a service ticket for months.

Thanks for looking into this! She's looking to see if there's 120v charging there so when she goes out for the day the car will be fully charged.

JasonA said:
Thanks for looking into this! She's looking to see if there's 120v charging there so when she goes out for the day the car will be fully charged.
Like many Blink chargers, these are in a useful location, if only they'd deliver. If you want to check status of service call (didn't sound promising) they are Serial Numbers 211374 and 216650. Also note they have REMA J1772, so could be slow (~4kW) or run hot at 6.6kW.

Well she's going to be parked there for 4 days..but almost 0 charge so time is no issue... This is where the 120v port on the CP units come in handy, but she was going to have the dock person there move her car if needed..

But now trying to find if 120v is even an option. I agree, the Blinks were in great spots, especially if at a concert or other long term place where 6.6-7.2kw wasn't need.

That should be the norm now and focusing on 10kw avg.

Both PS and the Blink site have been updated to both show "READY & Available" status..

Did they really fix them this quickly? :shock:

JasonA said:
Both PS and the Blink site have been updated to both show "READY & Available" status..

Did they really fix them this quickly? :shock:
I was hoping to give some positive CarCharging news, but both units are still down. Blink home screens showing when I arrived, but same "Card read" error on #1 and "Failed self test" on #2. Cords were draped same as when I checked on Monday, so probably just a remote software reset. :(

Thanks for checking into that! I think she's SOL unless she finds a 120v plug. Sad that these companies don't get these things fixed ASAP since it's their souce of revenue. :roll:

Back