Volvo V90 station wagon PHEV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redLEAF

We saw the PHEV version of the XC90 SUV again at this year's Chicago Auto Show (this year it wasn't roped off, you could actually sit in it and check out the cargo area, etc.) but its too big for us and we don't need the limited EV range and 3rd row (very small as well) seats so this V90 wagon may be worth a look.

Its big, but may hit the 'sweet spot' as:

The V90’s plug-in hybrid will deliver about 410 hp and a pure electric range of roughly about 30 miles, Volvo r&d boss Peter Mertens said in the statement

I would miss (a bit anyway) the higher seating position of my current trip/utility car, but the look appeals to me along with the EV range and fit and finish (at least in these photos); nothing against the Chinese owners of Volvo, but it will be built in Europe which I'd prefer as well. Let's see how it comes in price wise -- they could have a real winner, but appears to be more new models from other mfg's coming soon as well. If it gets a 'true' 30 miles running on electricity in EPA testing that would be amazing as its much bigger than the A3 e-tron (of course, no specifics on its battery size, etc. yet).

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/will-volvo-v90-be-ultimate-luxury-wagon#ixzz40dGSkPER

all-new-volvo-v90-accurately-rendered-based-on-s90-sedan-and-scale-models_2.jpg

They've already got a V60 PHEV, and I expect a production V70 PHEV for the U.S. to arrive in the not too distant future. CR did a test of the V60 recently, but didn't rate it all that highly IIRR.

GRA said:
They've already got a V60 PHEV, and I expect a production V70 PHEV for the U.S. to arrive in the not too distant future. CR did a test of the V60 recently, but didn't rate it all that highly IIRR.

There is no V60 PHEV that I can find on their website (US, anyhow) and I just searched the Consumer Reports site (I'm a subscriber) and can find no mention of a V60 PHEV.

Perhaps you're mistaken?

mtndrew1 said:
GRA said:

There is no V60 PHEV that I can find on their website (US, anyhow) and I just searched the Consumer Reports site (I'm a subscriber) and can find no mention of a V60 PHEV.

Perhaps you're mistaken?

Volvo has said that it intends to make a PHEV version of the drivetrains in all of their cars, with it being an option for all models at some point. That may have gotten confused with a V60(???) being available.

Volvo uses "V" to designate the station wagons, BTW. Try searching for an S60 PHEV.

mtndrew1 said:
GRA said:

Perhaps you're mistaken?
Entirely possible that I confused it with the gas S60 PHEV, which is available in some markets now , although it may not have quite reached the U.S. The V60 PHEV in Europe is a diesel - here's a review: http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/long-term-tests/volvo/volvo-v60-plug-in-hybrid-2015-long-term-test-review/ I think the CR test was of a regular gas V60 [Edit. Found it]: http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine/2015/07/volvo-v60-cross-country-wagon-review/index.htm
Apologies for the confusion. Volvo has said they're going in for PHEVs pretty much across the line, so expect to see them showing up here over the next couple of years.

Back