VPP and $3500 Cash back 0% APR ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morlglums

It looks like there is a $3500 cash back deal if you finance (purchase?) through NMAC right now. Has anyone been able to get VPP pricing with this deal? It seems like a great deal if you are will to buy rather than lease...

-M

I bought a couple of months ago. $3500 and 0% APR (for 36 months) definitely stacks on to VPP price. VPP is $1000 below invoice. For me though, the Northbay Nissan was offering 13% off MSRP, which turned out to be cheaper than VPP, so I didn't end up using my VPP discount (even after paying to get the car shipped to me).
http://www.northbaynissan.com/leaf-pricing.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is what Nissan/NMAC is officially offering:

2014 LEAF:
$3500 cash back if you purchase and finance through NMAC.
--or--
0% APR for 72 months if you purchase and finance through NMAC.
--or--
$7500 lease cash if you lease through NMAC.

2015 LEAF:
--or--
0% APR for 36 months if you purchase and finance through NMAC.
--or--
$7500 lease cash if you leasethrough NMAC.

Jestein said:
Where? What dealership please? Thanks!
Northbay Nissan. Also, 12% below MSRP (far below invoice) in addition to any other incentives. No need to haggle. And they will ship the car to you if you're not local (they shipped it to San Diego for me for $880).
http://www.northbaynissan.com/leaf-pricing.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ybitz said:
I got BOTH $3500 NMAC credit and 0% for 36 month .
Just to be clear, you got 13% off sticker, $3500 additional rebate, and 0 percent for 36 months? (and you still have the 7500 tax credit coming)
So your net cost winds up somewhere around $15k ? (or CA credit brings it down even more)
Do they charge dealer fees?

my net cost was $19,600, not around $15k. I think the $15k number is possible if you choose the base trim with no optional packages, which is about $4k cheaper than the one I got. But everything else you said was correct. To be absolutely clear, I grabbed my sales contract and this is what it shows:

$34850 MSRP (SV + QC + splash guard + floor mat)
- $4530 (13% off MSRP, though now it looks like it's down to 12%)
- $3500 (NMAC financing)
- $1000 (Nissan loyalty...I was a previous Leaf owner)
+ $880 (shipping charge to San Diego)
+ $2503 (sales tax)
+ $80 (Document Process Charge. This is the maximum charge allowable by CA)
+ $29 Electronic Vehicle Registration
+ $202 Vehicle License Fee
+ $78 Registration Fee
+ $7 California Tire Fees
= $29,600. (in which I put $3k on credit card to get the miles/points --entirely optional of course --, then the rest, $26.6k on 0% 36 months financing)

Done outside the transaction...dealer doesn't get involved.
- $7500 IRS credit
- $2500 CA rebate

Net cost to me:
$19,600

Documents were mailed to me via Fedex overnight, with an included Fedex overnight envelope for return. The shipping of the car took 1 day (~30 hours), and was done on a large, 6-car carrier. Came with CA car pool sticker attached already, and all docs (including the No Charge to Charge card) in the glove compartment.

Hope this helps! Which trim/package are you thinking about getting?

I also got both 3500 cash back and 0% for 72 mos (it's free, why worry about duration - I can pay it off whenever necessary) in August from Action Nissan in Nashville. Price was below vpp.

EvansvilleLeaf said:
I also got both 3500 cash back and 0% for 72 mos (it's free, why worry about duration - I can pay it off whenever necessary) in August from Action Nissan in Nashville. Price was below vpp.
Did you get a 2014 or 2015?

ybitz said:
Hope this helps! Which trim/package are you thinking about getting?
Yes, it does, thanks for posting the details. It really helps to see it all listed out.

I was thinking about either buying or leasing a 2015 S model with charge package. Truth be known I could probably make do with the old 3kw charger for our usage, but most of the cars seem to get ordered with that package.

Here in S FL we have no need for the improved heater. In fact we'd probably be OK with no heater at all.

The other option I'm considering is just purchase a dirt cheap Sentra to tide me over until there is an improved Leaf.

LTLFTcomposite said:
I was thinking about either buying or leasing a 2015 S model with charge package. Truth be known I could probably make do with the old 3kw charger for our usage, but most of the cars seem to get ordered with that package.
A few thoughts to keep in mind, unrelated to price:

• From what I understand, it is very difficult to find an S without the quick-charge package. That may be geographically dependent, however.
  • Note that if you use cruise control at all, it only became standard in the base (S) model in 2015. 2014s do not have cruise control in the S. This was important to me.
  • Finally, if you do go from SV to S, be prepared for a big downgrade to the rear-view camera. To me, it's almost worse than useless in most (lighting) conditions -- i.e., it can be dangerous if you became at all "lax" in your reliance on it in the SV, as I did.

mbender said:
A few thoughts to keep in mind, unrelated to price:

• From what I understand, it is very difficult to find an S without the quick-charge package. That may be geographically dependent, however.
  • Note that if you use cruise control at all, it only became standard in the base (S) model in 2015. 2014s do not have cruise control in the S. This was important to me.
  • Finally, if you do go from SV to S, be prepared for a big downgrade to the rear-view camera. To me, it's almost worse than useless in most (lighting) conditions -- i.e., it can be dangerous if you became at all "lax" in your reliance on it in the SV, as I did.
Good points... I pretty much assumed we'd get the charge package, the 6kw might come in handy at times and we do have a 30A evse. Thanks for reminding me on the cruise, although that almost never gets used, you just can't drive a leaf far enough for your foot to get tired :)
Our 2012 SV has no read view camera, so it wouldn't be downgrade, but our volt has one and we've grown to like it. So it doesn't even work in daylight?

mbender said:
[*]Finally, if you do go from SV to S, be prepared for a big downgrade to the rear-view camera. To me, it's almost worse than useless in most (lighting) conditions -- i.e., it can be dangerous if you became at all "lax" in your reliance on it in the SV, as I did.

FWIW, I have a 2015 S, and the rear-view camera is very good. Maybe it's a downgrade from the SV, but it still is a really nice feature that I've benefited from and I did not find it dangerous at all. YMMV

Maybe I've got a bad camera, but I've found that even in daylight it can be hard to get a good (bright enough) picture to see well what is back there. It is surely not a big a picture, probably darker, and I suspect not as wide a view.

Given that I've read few other complaints about it, I might have to look into mine being faulty. But I'd still like it to be displayed on a bigger screen, as I got used to in my 2012. I've pretty much returned to the "old-fashioned" looking around, twisting left and right method of backing up. :)

kubel said:
This is what Nissan/NMAC is officially offering:

2014 LEAF:
--or--
0% APR for 72 months if you purchase and finance through NMAC.
--or--
$7500 lease cash if you lease through NMAC.

2015 LEAF:
--or--
0% APR for 36 months if you purchase and finance through NMAC.
--or--
$7500 lease cash if you leasethrough NMAC.

Is the "lease cash" simply the $7500 tax credit, or is it additional incentive?

mbender said:
Maybe I've got a bad camera, but I've found that even in daylight it can be hard to get a good (bright enough) picture to see well what is back there. It is surely not a big a picture, probably darker, and I suspect not as wide a view.

Given that I've read few other complaints about it, I might have to look into mine being faulty. But I'd still like it to be displayed on a bigger screen, as I got used to in my 2012. I've pretty much returned to the "old-fashioned" looking around, twisting left and right method of backing up. :)
Surely you have checked the lens to see if it's dirty. The back end of the leaf is a dirt magnet.

It's worth noting that Ford is offering a similar promotion on the Ford Focus Electric through the end of the year (and possibly beyond).

Lease: $12,500 cash back.
Purchase: $6,000 cash back + 1.9% APR 72 months --or-- 0% APR 72 months.

Nubo said:
Is the "lease cash" simply the $7500 tax credit, or is it additional incentive?

NMAC takes the $7500 tax credit, but passes the full amount of savings on to you in the form of "lease cash". In the calculations, it's treated very similar to a down payment (that is, you aren't reducing the taxable value of the car).

It is technically an NMAC incentive. You can't qualify for the $7500 credit if you lease, because NMAC owns the car. But Nissan is nice enough to pass the savings on to customers. Not everyone does this in the EV world (such as BMW).

LTLFTcomposite said:
Surely you have checked the lens to see if it's dirty. The back end of the leaf is a dirt magnet.

Off topic, but I have noticed an insane amount of dirt collecting on the back end of mine too. Is this more common with the Leaf somehow? Maybe it doesn't get shaken off from all that ICE vibration?

forummm said:
LTLFTcomposite said:

Off topic, but I have noticed an insane amount of dirt collecting on the back end of mine too. Is this more common with the Leaf somehow? Maybe it doesn't get shaken off from all that ICE vibration?

Aerodynamics.

http://motorblogger.co.uk/what-they-didnt-tell-us-about-automotive-aerodynamics/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back