"We are pragmatic people"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
another "woe is me electric" article. what they dont state is the advantages, incentives and governmental support gas cars have (hybrid or not, its still gas) over electrics which has essentially been ignored.

a charging infrastructure will not bring EVs into the mainstream anytime soon but it will allow a significant niche to flourish. I see my area on the edge of real EV viability for most of the average person's driving need. I still have a gas car that I have to have to use because there is no charging infrastructure upgrade that will allow me to use my LEAF but I am ok with that. the "gas only" option amounts to about 2% of my personal driving need, about 10% of my work driving need. that leaves a whole lot leftover for the LEAF. In fact too much left over.

the gas car's primary trip is a 10 mile per day commute and errand running. Due to changes in SO's work location the gas car takes the "shortest" commute 3-4 times a week. its that 10% of my work needs where I drive the gas car.

"We don't regret it yet," says Nissan's Yamashita of the company's multibillion-dollar gamble on EVs. "We might in a few years. No, we probably won't."
OUCH. That says a lot.

It's a tough fight for EV. Hydrogen is an absolute pipe dream, though. It won't be viable for a decade or two or three or a million at the rate it's going.

Back