What are the current incentives for installing an EVSE?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted member 14045

OK, I give up. Every incentive I've read about online for installing an EVSE/Charger at home seems to have expired. I live in the San Diego area. Are there any incentives left?

LA DWP still sponsors up to $750 for the purchase price of an EVSE. doesnt help you specifically but there are still some incentives out there

Clipper Creek has Level 2 models as low as $395, which is a lot cheaper than back in 2011. Even with some of the incentive programs, you had to share some costs. So I think the current prices make up for the lack of an incentive on the total installed cost of what you can get today. If you're handy and can do the installation yourself, so much the better...

http://www.clippercreek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ElectricMonkey said:
OK, I give up. Every incentive I've read about online for installing an EVSE/Charger at home seems to have expired. I live in the San Diego area. Are there any incentives left?
For us, the major incentive was to be able to quickly and effeciently recharge our leaf in the comfort of our own home. Every time we get back home it is on the EVSE charging back up to the 80% level. Sometimes charging 2 or 3 times a day, but usually once.

In the beginning we would charge as often as possible at the "FREE" DCQC at the dealer. One day I dropped the wife off at the grocery store a block down the street, then headed to the dealer. The DCQC was available (no wait) so I plugged it in and spent about 10 minutes or so charging, then drove back to the store to pick up the wife. While there I finally realized that the "free" electricity would have only cost me about $1, so why did I waste all that time and effort just to save a buck???? Since then we charge almost exclusively at home on the 240v/30a EVSE at the 6.6kw rate. The only exception is a couple of times we drove out of the local area and needed to "top off" for a few minutes at a Nissan dealer on the L2 EVSE to make sure we had enough to get home. I absolutely refuse to plug in for $10 or so on the DCQC to get $1 or $2 worth of electricity.

Back