What is everyone thoughts on Leasing a Leaf for 3 years

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With 1/30th the moving parts it seems the potential is there for EVs to be cheaper than gas cars at some point. Yes building the battery is expensive, but wouldn't building a gasoline engine be ridiculously expensive if not for the fact there is so much experience and automation in its mass production?

Seriously, why is the Versa half the price of the Leaf? Prices could be somewhat lower down the road, and buying out the car at the end of a three year lease may not look like the best choice, although a new anything-else-EV will almost certainly cost more than that used Leaf.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Seriously, why is the Versa half the price of the Leaf? Prices could be somewhat lower down the road, and buying out the car at the end of a three year lease may not look like the best choice, although a new anything-else-EV will almost certainly cost more than that used Leaf.

Probably the $10.8k to $18k cost of the battery has something to do with it., The Versa's ICE is around $450, dont know how much the rest of the needed components are: exhaust system, fuel system, alternator and starter. Note that the Leaf is a larger car and shares few parts with the Versa.

TomT

I got the 15K a year option and an excellent deal from Fontana ($303 a month). The lease covers GAP insurance but not vehicle insurance itself.

Can you PM me or post details of your deal as I am about to lease my SL for 15K Miles 39 months on ec 2nd (I Hope) and as this is Florida we do not have much in the way of leverage when it comes to bargaining.
So a previous lease deal may help when it comes to my final price

Thanks

Back