What is the price range of a new fob?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, emailed a local company to me here in the UK. I was thinking more £100-£150 max for aftermarket.

It's only a spare as long as it works, just need a spare lol.

If you decide to get an aftermarket one, then make sure that the price quote you are provided includes both the key fob & fob programming.

I am not familiar with auto locksmiths in the UK, but I'm sure you can find plenty by searching online.

Around $20 on Aliexpress. You have to program it in with diagnostic tool which most of mechanics have.

Around $20 on Aliexpress. You have to program it in with diagnostic tool which most of mechanics have.
Very misleading; not even all locksmiths have a programming tool.
Please see post from @henrydehoja : "make sure that the price quote you are provided includes both the key fob & fob programming."
Total cost >>$100

Some locksmiths can do it, but the one I contacted said he would only use a fob that he supplied. Then the missing key fell out of a pair dress pants I wear once a year--why did that make me so happy?

If I ever get a new car again (hello small EV pickup), once the paperwork is done, but before I sign, I am going to stipulate it comes with at least three working keys,

I paid $95 on eBay for an o.e. fob from a reliable seller. Then I paid $85 at a local Batteries Plus store to program it. I am nervous about those "program at home" products because of the possibility that they could wipe the working fob this leaving you totally high and dry. IMO this is not a good place to save money.

Back