What?? Nissan Leaf Exhaust Systems??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razorbil

:?: :?: :?: Can someone please explain this to me: http://www.carid.com/nissan-leaf-exhaust-systems/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I had a friend send this to me, thinking it was a spoof. Digging deeper, I found that this is a legit site (JC Whitney sells the same line). What the heck are they talking about? Why in the world (and how in the world) would you install an exhaust system on a Leaf?

I would love to see a pic and instal diagram for these products.

"About Nissan Leaf Exhaust Systems

For green enthusiasts, the Nissan Leaf offers a ready answer to green transportation. Upscale, highly affordable and compact enough for ease in day-to-day city driving, it offers a reliable way to get to and about town. Ensure that you enjoy the best performance from the Leaf electric powertrain by outfitting it with a custom exhaust system. CARiD has a variety of top-of-the-range Nissan Leaf exhaust systems that you can choose from for the ultimate thrill in driving your Nissan Leaf. Now, custom Nissan Leaf exhaust systems are more of an accessory since there is no exhaust gas to get rid of. But they are also geared towards enhancing power generation in the engine and boosting the boom of the engine. They keep the pressure outside the engine low so that heat formed during power generation can escape to the low pressure area within the exhaust system, in this way leaving the engine free to operate optimally and give more power. All Leaf exhausts at CARiD are specially designed to complement the Nissan Leaf powertrain.

Nissan Leaf exhaust systems are made from superior quality stainless steel and are polished to a shine. We also have chrome-finish options for those who do not mind a more trendy and sporty look. With no exhaust gases to pass through the exhaust, you can expect to use the exhaust system for as long as you own the car. Its shiny outlook adds a really beautiful spark to the rear side of your Leaf. Perhaps the greatest impact in installing a custom Nissan Leaf exhaust system is its power to amplify the engine sound. The special resonators and mufflers used to construct the exhaust ensure that the engine sound comes through in its might but is fine-tuned before being echoed in the outside world. You’ll be surprised at how much better your Nissan Leaf sounds when a custom exhaust system is installed.

Unbridled power and outrageous sound - that's what accompanies each exhaust system we store for you on our digital shelves. Manufactured from the premium materials using the latest technologies, they all are ready to complete the image of your vehicle and give you instant horsepower and torque gains. After an exhaust system is installed, your vehicle will roar like a lion and run like a cheetah. Have doubts? Read over 10 exhaust systems reviews with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, and choose the product that will satisfy your needs."
http://www.carid.com/nissan-leaf-exhaust-systems/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have come across a lot of stuff like this. My best explanation is that a lot of these things are auto-generated. And they sell the same equipment for a lot of different vehicles. Somehow the Leaf gets into their database and so an ad is generated for the product along with every other vehicle. It really makes you wonder when you go to order parts for any vehicle if you are going to get the right thing, doesn't it?

I noticed that their web page included a "chat/send us feedback" feature, which I used to send this:
I followed a reference to your website (http://www.carid.com/2011-nissan-leaf-exhaust-systems/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) mentioned in a users' forum for the Nissan LEAF, and was flabbergasted to see that your Web pages actually purport to offer exhaust systems for a LEAF. As you must know, the Nissan LEAF has no internal combustion engine, and therefore has no need of any exhaust system whatsoever.

All LEAF owners know this, so there's probably zero risk that anyone would place enough credence in your ads to come to any harm, but you might want consider how silly the inappropriate accessory offerings make your company look to LEAF owners who might be shopping for other sorts of accessories. After seeing a flock of "Air Intake" filters specifically recommended for the LEAF coming right after a block of aftermarket floor mats, I would have no confidence that the represented floor mats would have any better chance of being suitable for a LEAF than the filters do.

adric22 said:
I have come across a lot of stuff like this. My best explanation is that a lot of these things are auto-generated. And they sell the same equipment for a lot of different vehicles. Somehow the Leaf gets into their database and so an ad is generated for the product along with every other vehicle. It really makes you wonder when you go to order parts for any vehicle if you are going to get the right thing, doesn't it?

It sure does. It makes me wonder if people know that little about their vehicle that they would order a single in, dual out, cat back Borla system, only to find out upon attempted installation that they have a ZERO in exhaust system! LOL.

Levenkay said:
I noticed that their web page included a "chat/send us feedback" feature, which I used to send this:
I followed a reference to your website (http://www.carid.com/2011-nissan-leaf-exhaust-systems/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) mentioned in a users' forum for the Nissan LEAF, and was flabbergasted to see that your Web pages actually purport to offer exhaust systems for a LEAF. As you must know, the Nissan LEAF has no internal combustion engine, and therefore has no need of any exhaust system whatsoever.

All LEAF owners know this, so there's probably zero risk that anyone would place enough credence in your ads to come to any harm, but you might want consider how silly the inappropriate accessory offerings make your company look to LEAF owners who might be shopping for other sorts of accessories. After seeing a flock of "Air Intake" filters specifically recommended for the LEAF coming right after a block of aftermarket floor mats, I would have no confidence that the represented floor mats would have any better chance of being suitable for a LEAF than the filters do.

This is perfect! Any chance you've received a response?

adric22 said:
I have come across a lot of stuff like this. My best explanation is that a lot of these things are auto-generated. And they sell the same equipment for a lot of different vehicles. Somehow the Leaf gets into their database and so an ad is generated for the product along with every other vehicle.

Yeah, but oddly enough the text does acknowledge more than once that the LEAF has no exhaust. So it's kind of an odd juxtaposition. I'd guess a combination of the auto-generated text that was modified a bit by someone who knew that the LEAF has no exhaust, but couldn't bring themselves to fully follow through. Maybe they thought someone would buy it as bling? Or "the boss wants an ad here"....?

Back