What to ask Dealer for Lease?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyM

First time leasing a car and I'm nervous. Besides down payment/monthly, what kinds of questions should I be asking? What kind of freebies could I reasonably ask for, like maintenance or EVSE installation? This is for a SL. I wonder if end of June will be a bigger day than end of May tomorrow?

Research GAP insurance, they will make you sign a form saying you want/don't want it, so make sure you have this answer ready.

For a lease, I would at least ask for free maintenance during the entire lease (not that there is much), make sure they get the tire recycling fee right (only 4 tires), if they are willing to negotiate, then I would work on the down payment/monthly payment, and not worry about the free L2 charger.

ksnogas2112 said:
With the news from Honda, see if they'll match the unlimited mileage.

I've got a feeling that the reason Honda is offering unlimited mileage leases is because they don't intend to resell the car afterward. So it wouldn't matter how many miles are on the car.

It's a different story when you intend to put the car on the used car market, even if the residuals are somewhat optimistic.

RonDawg said:
ksnogas2112 said:
With the news from Honda, see if they'll match the unlimited mileage.

I've got a feeling that the reason Honda is offering unlimited mileage leases is because they don't intend to resell the car afterward. So it wouldn't matter how many miles are on the car.

It's a different story when you intend to put the car on the used car market, even if the residuals are somewhat optimistic.

True, but can't hurt to ask. The answer is always no until you ask.

IF you think that you can use unlimited mileage, then ask for it. I think that Honda is offering it because so few of us have a commute & charging combination that will allow us to go very far in a year. While my wife drives 18k miles/yr, I'd be surprised to find that we will be able to put more than 10k miles on a Leaf or FitEV.

Back