Will I get my LEAF in December?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LEAFguy

Ah... that is the question, isn't it?

Now that we know that firm orders will be taken starting in August, we can get a better handle on things. According to this poll, some will place an order in August, more in September, with potential orders tapering off significantly after that into 2011. Based partly on this information, I have attempted to answer this question here.

Take a look and let us know your thoughts.

August people - definitely to probably
September people - possibly to doubtfully

What I find interesting is that Nissan is not scheduling any order taking in a new region for November. Anyone care to speculate as to why not?

mwalsh said:

What I find interesting is that Nissan is not scheduling any order taking in a new region for November. Anyone care to speculate as to why not?

I hadn't noticed that. But based on the idea that the expectation is new vehicle delivery within 90 days of order placement (give or take a little), they have enough invitations out for firm orders in August, September, and October, that they expect enough of these invitations to turn into firm orders to absorb capacity through February. They can always open November ordering between now and then. Once it's offered, they can't turn it off.

mwalsh said:

I'd say

August people - probably to if you are lucky
September people - unlikley

What, us, speculate ? Never.

Anyway, we should look at the months indicated in schedules for order taking in a region as starting month - so they will be taking orders in November.

Back