Will the EVSE from a Volt fit under the Leaf hood?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalman

Will the EVSE from a Volt fit under the Leaf hood? I'm looking to get an extra EVSE, but I want to be able to conceal it under the hood and be able to fully close the hood.

Metalman said:
Will the EVSE from a Volt fit under the Leaf hood? I'm looking to get an extra EVSE, but I want to be able to conceal it under the hood and be able to fully close the hood.

Why would you use a Volt evse, it only does 12A at 120V and is likely not a good option. Why are you going to put it under the hood is the bigger question. Are you looking for 120 or 240V or both?

I have my Leaf EVSE modified for 240V as my main charger. I would like to get another one for 120v to keep in the car. I think I can get a Volt EVSE cheaper than a Nissan one.

Metalman said:
I have my Leaf EVSE modified for 240V as my main charger. I would like to get another one for 120v to keep in the car. I think I can get a Volt EVSE cheaper than a Nissan one.
The Volt EVSE is a flimsy piece of crap. GM has replaced a bunch of those because the cord melts down.

Back