Window Tint - East Bay?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where in the east bay?

I had mine tinted at Discovery Tint in Concord. He did a good job for a very reasonable price. I think they are 17% rear/back and 55% front driver/passenger. They are ceramic tint. He uses a machine to cut the tint from templates and apparently there wasn't a template available for the Leaf so he cut it by hand. With the windows up you can't tell but if you roll them halfway down you can see a millimeter gap.

I had my other car tinted at Omega Tint Werks in Pleasanton. The guy that runs this shop is apparently the brother of the guy that runs Discovery Tint. Omega does an AMAZING job. He does it all by hand and on my other car I have frameless windows and you cannot tell there is tint - it looks factory. There's no gap whatsoever. But it costs a bit more. I didn't feel like shelling that out for the Leaf.

andrewcrow said:
Thanks. I'm in Walnut Creek, so I'll give them both a call.

How did your tint experience go? Thinking about it for our '13 Gray Metallic. Would you mind sharing the cost? I'm in San Francisco...

Thanks in advance,
-greg

Back