WLA best dealership for battery check? Valley, LA, Southbay

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimSouCal

EDIT: Went to Downtown Nissan and the experience was flawless. See post at end for my full comment...

(Did a search but didn't see this covered).

I am equidistant to Miller Nissan (Valley), Nissan of Downtown LA, and Power Nissan of South Bay. I need the battery check, and am slated for the software update.

Which service should I go to?

Power Nissan in South Bay is more convenient, but talked about brake fluid, tire balance and alignment, and the cabin filter. All I really need is the warranty check on the battery... When I said that, the rep said it is complimentary--seeming like I could opt out of the other stuff.

Thoughts on the matter appreciated. I am a couple of weeks overdue...

JimSouCal said:
I am equidistant to Miller Nissan (Valley), Nissan of Downtown LA, and Power Nissan of South Bay. I need the battery check, and am slated for the software update.

Which service should I go to?
I went to Miller Nissan and was very satisfied. Seemed easier than driving downtown. The service rep had just purchased a Leaf a few weeks earlier, so I gave him a few pointers. :D They did mention the brake fluid, but didn't push it at all after I declined. Encouraged me to do software update, but I felt my Leaf was working perfectly, so there was no upside to doing it and always a possibility of something going wrong when one makes a change. Therefore, I declined the software update.

Based on my experiences, I'd go with Nissan of Downtown.

JimSouCal said:

Herm said:
Find out if they will test the brake fluid for free.. they use test strips for that.
Yes, for moisture. I think I looked into purchasing them myself to test my other car....

I also wonder if Nissan reimburses the dealer for the battery test?

Stoaty said:
I felt my Leaf was working perfectly, so there was no upside to doing it and always a possibility of something going wrong when one makes a change. Therefore, I declined the software update.
I appreciate that thought. So it's not just me, thinking the same, and hence, the delay? The update has been in the wild for a while--so I have shifted to getting it as have there been complaints?

JimSouCal said:
Herm said:
Find out if they will test the brake fluid for free.. they use test strips for that.
Yes, for moisture. I think I looked into purchasing them myself to test my other car....

The test strips should test for copper content. You can do a moisture test yourself with a DMM. If it reads .3 or lower, it's still good.

Alas, the morning I was there for my TCU update a few months ago, Paul wasn't do in until 10am and I was gone by then, so I missed him.

PaulScott said:
JimSouCal said:
TomT said:
Based on my experiences, I'd go with Nissan of Downtown.
Thanks. Could always say hi to Paul Scott there...
And I'd be happy to see you! If you like, we could get lunch.

LEAFfan said:
The test strips should test for copper content. You can do a moisture test yourself with a DMM. If it reads .3 or lower, it's still good.

The purpose of the copper is to prevent galvanic corrosion from water in the brake fluid.. the DMM checks for the low voltage that the galvanic corrosion generates as it eats your brake lines. The dealer can also use a digital meter for that purpose if they balk at the cost of the strips.

I ended up going down to Downtown Nissan and the experience was flawless from the consumer point of view.

They did not upsell me, kept the appt, offered me rides (that I declined), did the battery report and general inspection, including tire pressure to 2 lbs over spec per my request, asked me if I wanted the car charged and did it, and then washed the car.

Sorry I missed the chance to get lunch with Paul but already had a lunch date and she was a tad prettier... :)

Back