Xcel Energy - Optimize Your Charge Update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bouldergramp

"Right now, WeaveGrid’s evPulse platform does not support your vehicle’s make and model, so we cannot complete your enrollment in Optimize Your Charge yet.
However, if evPulse supports your vehicle in the future, we will contact you with instructions on how to sign up for their platform in order to receive your $50 annual bill credit.
Good news: You can apply for a $500 rebate towards your charger and wiring installation costs! Check out our EV Charger and Wiring Rebate.
Questions? Email us at [email protected] or call us at 800-895-4999"

2018 Leaf S

Xcel just finished installing new "smart" meters in our townhouse complex. What would the make and model of an EV have to do with adhering to a specific charging time window?

Because they have to be able to record the data from the car. Similar to home EVSE (or charger) they have just a few models you can set a schedule and Xcel gets data on it.

I too have the smart meters but I suppose they want to look at the car specifically. Much like they have kickbacks for certain thermostats though for those they can also adjust your air conditioning during peak. I do participate in that. The smart meters do not tell you what is actually using the power, it could be your dryer or whatever lol.

I am not sure it is worth $50/yr to be restricted to a charging time window.
I do participate in their program that allows them to turn off my AC for $40/yr credit. I think I noticed it turned off once on a hot summer day.

Back