year 3 battery check

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epic

I'm now at 36 months with the leaf. I got the first 2 free battery checks. Do I need to get the 3rd that I guess I must pay for? If I do not get what is the possible ramifications ?Will the battery warranty still be good if I decide to buy at the end of the lease? Or could I get penalized if I do not buy cat at the end of lease ?

My dealer didn't charge me for the third test. I don't know if that's their standard practice, or if it was because I setup the appointment while it was still under warranty. It's only a 20 minute job by book rate, so don't let them rip you off I've heard of some dealers charging $150 for it! :x

epic said:
Do I need to get the 3rd that I guess I must pay for? If I do not get what is the possible ramifications ?Will the battery warranty still be good if I decide to buy at the end of the lease?
No, the battery warranty won't be good if you don't get the required battery checks. If you might buy at the end of the lease, spend the $50 to do the annual battery check.

There have been at least a couple of posts I have seen where battery was replaced regardless of battery test not being done. Technically to refuse warranty they would need to prove that neglecting the battery test caused the failure... which they couldn't...

I would do it if it were free though.

I'd like to hear from Nissan that they'll void/deny the warranty if you don't get a third check. I was reading about a ruling that Tesla can't make you pay for service in order to maintain a warranty...

Back