7-seat crossover EV

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanvick

As tempting as the Leaf is, what I really want is 7-seat crossover EV. Perhaps Nissan could create an EV version of a Rogue with 7 seats. I think they have a 7-seater based on the same platform in Europe called the Quashqai+2. Does anyone know if they are working on something like that?

Is anyone else holding out for a 7-seat crossover EV?

Yes, there are. FYI, if it's the seats you're looking for and not the size of the vehicle, the Tesla S will have two jumper seats (rear facing). Basically they will take most of the cargo area when used, if I understand correctly. So that will give you five seating capacity and seven in a pinch, but probably not something you'd want to do every day.

Plus it's a really hot looking car!

I have heard that Nissan is planning an electric minivan as well.

nathanvick said:
As tempting as the Leaf is, what I really want is 7-seat crossover EV.

Is that what you want or is that what you need ?

I'm sure we will have those larger CUV/Vans at some point in the future .... but nothing has been announced by anyone yet. We'll look for a PHEV CUV in 3 or 4 years - but Leaf replaces my sedan now.

The Navistar EV could probably be configured to seat 20! ;) It also has a 100 mile range. It's eligible for $20K rebate in CA. In all seriousness, if you really wanted a 7 passenger EV, you could buy a Rouge and have an outfit like AMP Electric Vehicles make it an EV for you.

Has anyone else noticed the line between the crossover SUV and the minivan is getting blurred? The hoods on the SUVs are getting shorter to provide more interior space, and the styling is improving on the MVs to give them a meaner look. It's getting to the point where the SUV is just a suboptimally designed minivan. The "swagger wagon" would seem like a good format; you could pack a lot of batteries under that large flat floor area.

Back