My only encounter with the EV1

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Check it out....just found this picture of me checking out the EV1 from (I'd guess) around 1999:

37922_446035089843_704969843_5104657_2357833_n.jpg

Cool. I saw one of these at the first Santa Monica Alt Car Expo in 2006. But it was on display and they weren't offering test drives and you couldn't even sit in the car or open the doors. It was a museum piece.

darelldd said:
Here's mine the day before they took it away from me.
kyra_ev1_01.jpg

my EV1 page: http://evnut.com/ev1.htm

At least you were allowed to lease one because here in AZ, we never had a chance at all. But it has been worth the wait to drive a LEAF. I know how people feel in other states (outside the rollout area) that have to wait so long.

leaffan said:
At least you were allowed to lease one because here in AZ, we never had a chance at all. But it has been worth the wait to drive a LEAF. I know how people feel in other states (outside the rollout area) that have to wait so long.

They were leased in AZ. I knew of several people at the same time as I had my S-10E (same drivetrain). Only difference is my S-10E was owned. When the EV-1 program was shutdown APS and SRP (who sponsored the chargers) had eTec remove all the public charging (mainly at shopping malls). Once the public charging was gone the usefulness of a 40 mile range EV went away and it was sold to a firefighter in CA.

Nice! Sat in a red one at an Oceanside Dealer back in the day. It was the intro and they really showed my cousin and I the car... but were sorta lost on the whole "how do you get one" thing. History has explained this.

darelldd said:
Here's mine the day before they took it away from me.
kyra_ev1_01.jpg

my EV1 page: http://evnut.com/ev1.htm

Yours was a beautiful car and your daughter is precious. It must have been hard to part with the EV1. I've heard the same sentiment from people who have let their Mini Es go back to BMW. Fond memories.

Back